Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

I'm such a mom :)

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 4 Replies

Do you ever have those moments where you think "I'm such a mom"?

I have had 2 just today :)  First my son came upstairs this morning and went right to his room.  A second later he walks by carrying 2 candy canes with hershey kisses in them.  I ask him why he has those and he said "they were from grandma from christmas"  (they were on our fridge, forgotten about until this morning, I guess).  So I say "why are they upstairs?"  he replies "they are sissy's".  Mommy radar goes off cuz it's just a little too nice of him :)  He goes downstairs and I walk into his room.  I check his closet, his toy box and then under his bed.  BINGO, his 2 were stashed under his bed.  I walk downstairs and present them to him and he has this total "busted" look on his face.  I just tell him "Mommy knows EVERYTHING!  If I see them upstairs again and they go in the trash." 

Then, for some reason, while I was just folding laundry I had that "I'm such a mom" thought.  I've been folding my own laundry for as long as I can remember but for some reason it just struck me as a very "mom" thing to do this morning.

Do you have those moments? 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I have those moments when I realize I have more toys in my purse than anything else!

The first time I signed a permission slip was huge deal to me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mamato5nunns
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
The other day my toddler pooped in her pants and brought them to me. I was standing there holding one twin in one arm with another crying and holding poopy pants in my other hand and telling my two oldests to clean up their books and talking on the phone. That was my "I'm a mommy" moment of the week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Oh yes. And I always smile when I realize I'm doing something just the way my mom always did.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I've said some things to my kids before and then I have flashbacks of my parents telling me the same thing. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN