Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers
I think my 2 year old has it. I didn't think kids still got it this old though, so I'm worried it may be something more serious. I'm going to try head & shoulders to see if that helps. If not then I'm thinking it might be plaque psoriasis. Does anyone else still deal with cradle cap at 2 or older?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Replies (11-17):
.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I recently tried their multipurpose baby ointment for diaper rash and it worked so well. I'm excited to try the shampoo. lol

Quoting akrall83:

I love burt's bees products. Their lip balm is great. I haven't tried their shampoo though.

Quoting .Angelica.:

my son still had a spot of cradle cap at 4. switching to a better shampoo helped. I'm going to try the burts bees shampoo next.

nerdymom28
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Yeah, it totally grossed me out too. My first child never had it, so I was like WTF IS THIS?!?! lol my doc recommended the head and shoulders and it works like a charm. We still wash her hair with it at every bath and we've never had a problem with burning or irritation. :)

Quoting akrall83:

That's good, I'm hoping this will be the same kind of situation. I know it looks worse than it us, but it grosses me out. It's super thick this time too. Thanks for the reply :)

Quoting nerdymom28:

No, but my newborn had REALLY bad cradle cap. I used head and shoulders on her for a couple weeks and it cleared right up.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM
DS got it when we went on vacation & used some crappy shampoo.

From looking it up online, it's pretty common for toddlers & preschoolers to get. A lot of websites said to use a conditioner, olive oil, or coconut oil & leave it in for a few minutes then rinse, then use a toddler hairbrush to try to get some out while the hair was wet. It also said wash less often (1-2 times a week).

I used my Pantene conditioner 2x in one week on DSs hair & brushed it with a toddler brush with a little pressure & it cleared right up!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Not sure, but I when my kids were little I used olive oil or vaseline to get rid of it.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I like the Aveeno brand of stuff. That works really well, and is a little more gentle to the body. < In my opinion.

I don't know if they make a shampoo, but if they don't they should. Seriously. They make a diaper rash cream, and lotions. I've used both.. the lotion and the diaper rash cream. I've used a few different kinds of lotion that they put out, and love them all.

olive oil would work as well.  Although, your child will smell like an italian dish. <Giggles

Mama-Doe
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM

My daughter had it past age two. She is now three and I don't see it anymore. I would kind of scrub her scalp when I washed her hair but otherwise it's not really anything to worry about.

We12
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM
I used Mustela baby shampoo. It worked wonders! Can be expensive, but well worth it. I got it from Amazon, but they also carry it at Target and babies r us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)