Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

She's driving me crazy! A vent.

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  • 8 Replies
My dd is being so 1.5! She is good one minute and then emotional the next. I am so not looking forward to her being a teenager.
She wants something and when I give it to her, she doesn't want it anymore and throws herself on the floor. I just ignore her and walk away since I know she's not hurting herself.
She does this ALL. DAY. LONG!!! Some days I count down the hours until my dh gets home, BUT then she still wants to hang all over me instead of talking and being with daddy!
My sons were never like this. Is this a female thing?
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Oh my... my dd is so much more difficult than my ds in so many ways! Unfortunately, yes, I think it's a girl thing. Hang in there, mama!!

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Quoting RobynS:

Oh my... my dd is so much more difficult than my ds in so many ways! Unfortunately, yes, I think it's a girl thing. Hang in there, mama!!

I love my dd so much, but some days I wonder what it's going to be like once she hits puberty!
Don't get me wrong, there are days that she is just so loving and sweet, and then the next day it's like she has pre-pms!
sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Hmm, my dd was worst than my ds, but my 2 year old can also be diffcult at times.  It'll pass, hang in there! 

conejoazul
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I don´t think it is a girl thing. My son has similar behaviors.

MrsThebus
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM
That's how my daughter is, she can be super sweet then be the biggest grouch. I joke that I already have a 16 year old lol. She's 4.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Quoting MrsThebus:

That's how my daughter is, she can be super sweet then be the biggest grouch. I joke that I already have a 16 year old lol. She's 4.

My mil says she is just like my dh. I'm glad he's around to deal with her because she is hard to handle sometimes.
MrsThebus
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM
I'm also pregnant right now and she's been a mommy hog this whole time. I'm due in April, she calls her brother "her baby" "her baby is in Mommy's belly" lol. She has been refusing to stay with anybody and won't even stay with her Nana. It'll be interesting to see how she is when he's born.

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting MrsThebus:

My mil says she is just like my dh. I'm glad he's around to deal with her because she is hard to handle sometimes.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I hear ya! I'll be in my 50s for most of my DD's teen years--too old for all that drama! My secret hope is that she's getting it out of her system now and she'll be an easy teen. (is there any such thing? LOL)

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting RobynS:

I love my dd so much, but some days I wonder what it's going to be like once she hits puberty!
Don't get me wrong, there are days that she is just so loving and sweet, and then the next day it's like she has pre-pms!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)