Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Valentine's Day Fun Challenge Day 1: Valentine Hug!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 162 Replies
9 moms liked this

Is there someone in your child's life that would love a hug for Valentine's Day? Today's activity will help make that happen no matter how near or far they live! Drop it in the mail, give it as a gift, or keep it for yourself. Today's challenge is Valentine hugs!

Materials Needed:
 Paper
 Pencil
 Scissors
 Yarn, string, or ribbon
 Glue or tape
 Optional supplies (markers, stickers, crayons, glitter, etc)  

You'll start by tracing your child's hands on a piece of paper and then cut them out (you can also stamp their hands). Then take your yarn, string, or ribbon and have your child put an end of yarn in one hand and have them stretch their arms out as wide as they can. Cut the yarn so that it measures their wingspan, then tape or glue the string to the cut out hands. You can have your kids decorate their hands with markers, crayons, stickers, or glue!

My son will be decorating his hands later today and mailing them to his great grandparents!

Do your kids give out Valentines to family and friends? Is there someone in your family that would like to get a long distance hug from your kids?

If you haven't signed up for the Valentine's Day Fun Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RHayden25
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM

The kids give them to friends for sure, sometimes to family. The girls' uncle would love to recieve a hug like this! So would their out of town grandparents :)

godsgirl26
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM
We will do this and mail it to my mom :)
rockabillybetty
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Dh bought our son some valentines but the ones they make are for family especially their grandparents :)) !
boshs1andonly

Not sure if I can get dd to do this, she's kind of squirmy lol. but we'll try, I bet her godmother and godfather would love it

scarletlolita76
Will definitely be doing this with ds and giving them to grand parents!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Cute idea!  Yes, we give valentines to our friends :)

LUVHAVINABOY
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM

We do this an mail it to my brother in Florida, he loves getting his pictures and greetings in the mail.... My son also made this in school.

Jeanette572
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM

this is the first time my son (2 1/2) is in school during valentines day.  I just received the class list last week and we'll be sending valentines to his classmates.  One girl in particular, Saylor, is his favorite classmate LOL

othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Thats neat. The kids make some valentines for friends

MamaDearie
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM

We will be doing this and giving them to their grandparents. I need to find some yarn or ribbon though because the string is too flimsy.

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)