Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Valentine's Day Fun Challenge Day 1: Valentine Hug!

Posted by   + Show Post

Is there someone in your child's life that would love a hug for Valentine's Day? Today's activity will help make that happen no matter how near or far they live! Drop it in the mail, give it as a gift, or keep it for yourself. Today's challenge is Valentine hugs!

Materials Needed:
 Paper
 Pencil
 Scissors
 Yarn, string, or ribbon
 Glue or tape
 Optional supplies (markers, stickers, crayons, glitter, etc)  

You'll start by tracing your child's hands on a piece of paper and then cut them out (you can also stamp their hands). Then take your yarn, string, or ribbon and have your child put an end of yarn in one hand and have them stretch their arms out as wide as they can. Cut the yarn so that it measures their wingspan, then tape or glue the string to the cut out hands. You can have your kids decorate their hands with markers, crayons, stickers, or glue!

My son will be decorating his hands later today and mailing them to his great grandparents!

Do your kids give out Valentines to family and friends? Is there someone in your family that would like to get a long distance hug from your kids?

If you haven't signed up for the Valentine's Day Fun Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Replies (161-162):
garjain
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Both my kids give it to their friends (but obvious) and then try and send something to their grand parents who live in a different country.

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM

These are so darn cute.  We are having a pool party, and I think maybe that's something cute to make after. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN