Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

painting boy's nails

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 24 Replies
I don't give it a second thought when he asks me to paint his nails like his sister. Just curious if you all are the same way, or if you would tell your boy no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I don't care but I won't paint my boys pink or anything! My lo actually has blue toenails right now because my brother paints his own so he painted my DS's.. No biggie.. He is small.. If he paints them when he gets older, I may worry then..

robbinsroost
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I don't care and have painted DS's nail a few times. I only did clear on his hands, but he got to pick the color for his toes. I got blue for him once and he was excited. He is almost 7 now and has not asked in over a year.

PEEK05
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I would tell my boy no.

DissieDothe
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I've done team sports colors. Who cares ... it falls off in the bath water.

It's when they don't want their nails trimmed and you have to hold their arm between your legs to get it done safely while they punch you in the butt with their free hand! Same with the toe nails!

slvrbtrfly
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Lol

Quoting DissieDothe:

I've done team sports colors. Who cares ... it falls off in the bath water.

It's when they don't want their nails trimmed and you have to hold their arm between your legs to get it done safely while they punch you in the butt with their free hand! Same with the toe nails!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM

My son doesn't really know you can do that LOL.

sunmoonandstar
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM

My son loves to have his nails painted.  He's 5.  We'll have nail painting parties and we'll do all of our nails mom, dad, my 5 y/o DS1, 4y/o DD and DS2 is almost 2 so he's still a bit young but he really wants his painted too. haha

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM

We are exactly the same way!  I haven't done it since last summer but when Sissy sits down for her nails painted, my son always asks.  They are pink and he loves them!  I couldn't care less. 

I don't believe in boxing kids in.  Wanting nails painted means nothing more to a child than wanting their nails painted.  Just as I would never tell my daughter she can't play hockey with Daddy and Brother, I allow my son to play dress up with Sissy, paint his nails, etc. 

i should clarify that by nails, I mean toes.  He chews on his fingers so I dont do those.

OBImomma
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:49 PM
I don't paint his fingernails and I won't paint them pink.
But he's had his nails painted before. He like clear or sparkles best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I paint DD's toes on occasion and am due with a boy next month. If, when he gets old enough, he wants me to paint his toes too I would have no problem with it. (After all, toes can easily be covered with socks and shoes.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)