Valentine's Day Fun Challenge Day 2: Valentine Treats
It's time to have your kids help you in the kitchen! Today's activity is Valentine rice krispies treats! This is an easy and inexpensive treat that is great for preschool parties or just a fun treat at home. Your toddlers and preschoolers will have so much fun helping make these! My kids helped measure the ingredients, cut out the heart shapes, and decorate with sprinkles!
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 package (10 oz) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal (aka Rice Krispies)
- Candy melts or white chocolate chips
- Food coloring, if desired
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the crisped rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Spread the mixture using a buttered spatula or waxed paper evenly into an 11×17-inch rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut the treats into heart shapes with a 2- 3-inch cookie cutter.
- Melt the candy melts or white chocolate chips according the package directions. Stir in a few drops of food coloring, if you’d like. Dip the edges of the treats into the candy and decorate with sprinkles. Allow the candy to cool and set before serving.
- Best if served the same day.
Do your kids ever help out in the kitchen? What are your favorite things to make with your kids?