Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

party games

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am haveing a Birthday party for my son in march and i need party game ideas the kids will be from ages 3-5. any ideas are appriceated.i already have pin the funnel on thomas being it is a thomas the train theme.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Necie72
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Bingo...  DD plays in her preschool class.  Here are some kids cards...  You can probably do a google search and find more.  At that age, I wouldn't play more than 3 games...  Maybe do a simple craft.  Target usually has a bunch of holiday ones in their dollar sections.

http://crafts.kaboose.com/bingo-games-for-holidays-and-every-day.html

itsamadfrenzy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Music games are always good. Musical statutes, musical chairs... Kids that age love to dance and the concept is easy. Even if you are "out" you can still dance too :) I also like the game Pass the Parcel. You wrap up little prizes, in your case you could use thomas wrapping paper, turn on the music, sit in a cirlce and pass this parcel around. When the music stops the child holding it gets to unwrap one layer and finds a prize. Easy, everyone wins! 

PEEK05
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:36 PM

THOMAS THE TRAIN GAMES - STATION MASTER SAYS - This game is played like "Simon Says..." except all requests shall consist of train-related actions. Mom, Dad, or an older sibling starts by saying, "Station Master Says whistle like a train. The kids would then do their respective renditions of a train whistle while making train motions. If Station Master doesn't preface the request with "Station Master Says" and only says to whistle like a train, the players would not whistle, nor would they move like a train. Other requests could be to make a choo-choo sound, make a chuga-chuga sound like a train does when it pulls away from the depo, say "All Aboarrrrd!," screech your brakes like a train, give the conductor your ticket, etc. The goal is to try to stay in the game the longest.

THOMAS THE TRAIN GAMES - COAL TOSS - Make black beanbags (pieces of "coal") by cutting pieces of black felt into squares. Sew two pieces together on three sides, fill it 3/4 full with beans, and sew the remaining side closed. Let kids take turns throwing the bags into the train firebox hole. Create the firebox by sealing a cardboard box and cutting a hole in the center of it that is large enough to throw the beanbags through.

THOMAS THE TRAIN GAMES - PIN THE CABOOSE ON THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE BIRTHDAY TRAIN - This game is played like Pin the Tail on the Donkey. Make a train using various colors of posterboard, except for red, and attach the train cars to a wall. Make as many red cabooses, as there are players, out of posterboard. Blindfold the first child, spin them around, and have them try to pin a caboose onto the train. Use double stick tape. The child who gets their caboose closest to the end of the train wins.

THOMAS THE TRAIN GAMES - FIND THE TRAIN - Attach various colors of yarn to toy trains. Hide the trains throughout the house winding the yarn around your furniture. Have all the ends of the yarn start in one location. Give each child a piece of yarn and tell them to follow their yarn to their prize. By using different colors of yarn, it is easier for each child to follow their piece of yarn and not get it confused with their neighbor's yarn.

THOMAS THE TRAIN GAMES - RED LIGHT, GREEN LIGHT - Each of the kids pretend to be a train. One of the parents or older kids shall be the train engineer. The engineer shall be given one large red and one large green "light" made from cardstock. The game starts by having all of the trains line up at the starting line. The engineer will then holdup the green "light" and all of the trains shall move forward while making various train sounds like whistles, choo-choo-, etc. and move toward the engineer. When the engineer holds up a red "light", then all the trains must stop moving and making train sounds. If anyone continues to make a sound or move forward, they must return to the starting line. The first train to reach the engineer is the winner.

PEEK05
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM

We are having a Thomas party in May for my son's 2nd birthday party. :) Have fun with your son's!

lovejaidyn
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:24 PM

thank you these are some great ideas

lovejaidyn
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM

PEEK05 if u need any ideas we are doing everything homade for our sons

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)