Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Would you allow your child(ren) to....

Posted by   + Show Post
Play with a schoolmate whose parents are gay? I ask because today at preschool a little girl (Whom we will call Sally) that my girls play with almost everyday told them that she can't play with them anymore. Because Sally's mother told her that I'm a lesbian and I date women. (Which yes I am and I do. But I don't feel that is any of this other mothers concern!) My girls know I date women. My twins remember my ex. I explained to them early on that some people have a mommy and a daddy. While others have 2 mommys or 2 daddys. And sometimes kids only have a mommy or a daddy. But all that matters is that the child is loved and cared for. My girls were seriously hurt that Sallys mom told her that she can't play with them because of something that I honestly feel is totally out of my control! So ladies would you allow your child(ren) to play with someone whose parents are gay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (1081-1090):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:27 AM
OMG, seriously! This post is from February! Get over it. I'm not wasting my time on this nonsense anymore. Do you seriously have nothing better to do than spend your Saturday morning going back thru 3 months worth of posts? Sad... enjoy your weekend, I'm going to.

Quoting Lutonia:

I think you need to go back and read my posts. I don't hate anyone. I also believe homosexuality is sin. I can believe that without hating.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Definition of bigot:  intolerant person: somebody with strong opinions, especially on politics, religion, or ethnicity, who refuses to accept different views

the only people who brought religion into this were the Christians, the rest of us are defending a lifestyle that 1) isn't a choice and 2) isn't hurting anyone else. 

the reason why Christians get such a bad wrap is because they are predominantly the ones making waves about issues that don't affect them directly in any way shape for form and siting their religion as their reasoning behind it... 

personally, i don't have an issue with christians.  most of my closest friends are christians.  i have an issue with people who tell this lady she's "wrong" or "damaged" or "confused" or has a "disorder" because she loves another woman.  you don't have to agree with her but she also shouldn't be treated badly for it.  that was the whole point of this post.  no one was saying the mother had to agree with the lifestyle but we should all treat each other with a little tact, grace and kindness.

I just wanted to edit this to say that Christians are not being called bigots.  The bigots are being called bigots.  There are plenty of Christians who have responded to this post in support of OP and a lot that, at the very least, have said "i don't agree with your lifestyle but our kids could still be friends."  The people who are using their religion to justify their own vile hate are being called bigots.

Quoting Lutonia:

And those that don't agree with us (Christians) call us bigots just because you don't agree with us. ROFL, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. 

About the only thing that isn't accepted in our world today is Christians! But, we're the bigots! Go figure.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kellileanne
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM

WTH?  That woman is nuts.  Yes, my girls would still play with your kids.  I grew up with my parents having friends who were gay--and I'm sorry but I have a few gay friends and they are more fun than heterosexuals!!!!!!  I think it is because they are so comfortable with who they are they are more open minded than others.

beeuk
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM

this is one of my biggest fears as a lesbian mother, that my children will come across parents who wont let their kids play with mine simply because im married to a woman and not a man.

calvinsmommy18
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Um yeah. Why the check not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prekmommy2013
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Hi! im new to the group but I coud not help but read this....

I would absolutely allow my daughter to play with yours. As long as your child had good values, morals, and is respectable and nice, I don't have a problem.  Not allowing your kid to play with another kid just because you are gay is like saying that you cant play with someone because of their race, gender or religion....Just sad....

I would just take the opportunity to teach my daughter that in life there are good  and bad people.Find a way to teach her how to protect herself from those kind of responses that way she will feel empowered instead of hurt... Hope that helps....

debramommyof4
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Yes.  I do not have a problem with it. 

My kids know I do not agree with the life style, but we do not judge anyone.  It is not our place to say whether or not someone can or should see someone of the same gender.  We should love and respect everyone as God has loved us. 

It is your life style and between you and God, or who ever or whatever you believe in.  So while my children know I do not agree with it and do not want them to live that life style, they know some people do and that that is ok.  They can be friends with their children and are not to judge and force our life views on others. Oh and I should add, should one of my children turn out to be gay, I would still love them and spend time with them and be there for them.  They could bring their partners over and have no fear of me disrespecting them.

For example.. If I heard that one of my children said you can not be a christian for what you are doing.  My children would get a spanking and then a talking to about why we do not say that and sent to apologize. 

SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM
How the heck did this get bumped?! Haha
bzzybeemomof3
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Of course I would.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Absolutely. One of my best male friends is gay--he's also my co-manager at the daycare center I work at. He's an awesome person and he loves my kids...Gay isn't contagious and people need to stop being ignorant and get their heads out of their asses. 

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 13 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 9 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 5 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 16 months old
Angela Victoria 06-09-1996 - 17 years old (niece) 

TerriAnne2606
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

One of our closest couple friends are lesbian.  My DD and their twins go to the same school.  We all have so much fun together.  So, no, not an issue for us.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  It really shouldn't matter. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN