Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Would you allow your child(ren) to....

Posted by   + Show Post
Play with a schoolmate whose parents are gay? I ask because today at preschool a little girl (Whom we will call Sally) that my girls play with almost everyday told them that she can't play with them anymore. Because Sally's mother told her that I'm a lesbian and I date women. (Which yes I am and I do. But I don't feel that is any of this other mothers concern!) My girls know I date women. My twins remember my ex. I explained to them early on that some people have a mommy and a daddy. While others have 2 mommys or 2 daddys. And sometimes kids only have a mommy or a daddy. But all that matters is that the child is loved and cared for. My girls were seriously hurt that Sallys mom told her that she can't play with them because of something that I honestly feel is totally out of my control! So ladies would you allow your child(ren) to play with someone whose parents are gay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
sthflachk
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Yep. What an ignorant woman!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Would not be an issue here.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM

My kids can play with anyone.  I want them to be kind and compassionate to all people, regardless of race, religion, or orientation. I don't believe in teaching kids to not play with a child because of such things. That is ludicrous.  I am so sorry that happened.  IF someone believes in something different than me, or lives a different way it doesn't make them a bad person, it just makes them different than me.  I teach my kids to treat all people the way they want to be treated.

BramblePatch
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Of course I would...and do! That is just horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I would. Why not? 

kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Yes!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TJFBGMommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:37 PM
5 moms liked this

I'd be much more concerned about letting my kids play with kids whose parents are so hateful.  I'd absolutely let my kids play with your kids. :)

Lorelai_Nicole
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I do. One of Kiki's friends from gymnastic has two moms. What is the big deal? People are stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama.samm.2.3
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies! I know there are ignorant a**holes out there. But I never expected my 5yr olds to come into contact with it already.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:25 PM
2 moms liked this

WHAT???

I'm completely appalled that this happened to you and to your daughters. I'm very sorry. I want my child to be around adults who are responsible, caring, supportive, and trustworthy. Gender and sexual orientation have nothing to do with that.

I hope you will find more families that treat your family with respect and kindness, and I hope that Sally has a chance to see a bigger world outside of her mother's prejudice and ignorance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN