Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Would you allow your child(ren) to....

Posted by   + Show Post
Play with a schoolmate whose parents are gay? I ask because today at preschool a little girl (Whom we will call Sally) that my girls play with almost everyday told them that she can't play with them anymore. Because Sally's mother told her that I'm a lesbian and I date women. (Which yes I am and I do. But I don't feel that is any of this other mothers concern!) My girls know I date women. My twins remember my ex. I explained to them early on that some people have a mommy and a daddy. While others have 2 mommys or 2 daddys. And sometimes kids only have a mommy or a daddy. But all that matters is that the child is loved and cared for. My girls were seriously hurt that Sallys mom told her that she can't play with them because of something that I honestly feel is totally out of my control! So ladies would you allow your child(ren) to play with someone whose parents are gay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (31-40):
OBImomma
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelsey191
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM

It holds no wieight on who my kids can play with. I would not allow my child to play with another for many reasons but gay is not one of them.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Yes!

One of my best friends is gay, DHs cousin is gay, & the woman DH commutes to work with is gay. DS interacts with all if them (except my best friend who lives far away)

I would talk to the teacher - she may be able to bring it up to the parents
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy0ncloud09
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Oh no im sorry this happened! I think its so great there are many people here that support you I would never tell my kids they cant play with someone based on that. Lets hope it wont be ignorance breeding ignorance breeding ignorance. Children dont see color race sexual orientation they are innocent. Just keep on living your life with your head up proud!! And continue raising your daughters without thoughts like those!
BLUMENSH9
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:59 AM

YES!! I will not make my child suffer (keep from having certain friends) because of something out of the child(ren)'s control like that.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Not only is it totally out of your control, but it is non of her business.

She shouldn't care what your sexual preference is.

OF course. I would allow my son to play with any child(ren) that my son got along with and liked. 

Of course it would be a bonus if me and those child(ren)'s parent/(s) got along as well. It isn't a requirement. 

wedding countdown

Yogamom08
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I absolutely would! I want my son to be exposed to different lifestyles as early as possible. He needs to understand that we are all different and that it's okay.
JenieceMojica
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Omg thats just horrible. I dont know what to say...
I would not have an issue with that. To be honest I hate labels... We are all people so its dont bother me who you love as long as your happy...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki4eva88
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Yep
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Sure. I don't see a problem with it at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN