Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

The "naked" truth

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 31 Replies

My 5yo DS is going through a phase where I can't be out of his sight for 2 minutes (yes I've timed him!) without having to find me to tell me something. He has extended this to showers, where he has decided it's easier to just shower with me so he can bombard me with with stories and questions. Last time I managed to get in the shower alone he comes in the bathroom saying he has to pee, next thing I know he is in the shower with me laughing because my butt wiggles and wants to know why his doesn't. Todays shower takes the cake though! We are showering and like all little boys he can't keep his hands off himself. He then yanks on his testicles and asks me what they are, is it ok they are different sizes and what they do... The first two questions I answered flawlessly, as for the third I told him to ask my SO when he gets home.

How would you have answered that question?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:23 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd start off with teaching him about privacy. That would mean the bathroom is off limits if someone else is using the bathroom or showering, etc.

PEEK05
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I have no idea lol.  My boy is only 21 months old.

MNitz
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd tell him for now that they are just decoration  :)

PrincessButton
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha! As of right now they are so I wouldn't even be lying, good plan!

Quoting MNitz:

I'd tell him for now that they are just decoration  :)

PrincessButton
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Has your LOs ever asked you an awkard question?

britmichele
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I can't wait Til my son can ask questions! That's so cute :) the worst he does in the shower is insisting on pulling all the shampoo bottles on my feet!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:32 AM

First off, does your door have a lock? If not, get one. IMO a 5 year old boy doesn't need to be seeing his mother naked... That's just wrong.. Teach him shower is your private time...

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:33 AM

HAHA, yeah, I think its about time for privacy as well.  But I think you should have answerd the last quetsion as candidly as you did the others.  I think the less stigma you put on it, the less likely they will carry it further.  If you act all scared, its going to make the whole thing more "mysterious" LOL

TigOlBitties
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Lol!! Our 2 year old is pretty infatuated with his penis. He always asks me if I have one too. He knows his dad does because every time he comes out of the bathroom from taking a shower, our son runs over to watch him change hoping to get a glimpse. Lmao!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bc19
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM

lol, my 4.5 year old son has asked that several times. I told him for right now they are just there to look at and to please do that in the privacy of his room or the bathroom. So of course that led to him running around naked and pretending to pinch and punch his penis. Those were his exact words too, he would yell punch the penis, act like he was punching himself and then laugh hysterically. ...Boys are definately interesting, I will give them that. He also tries to slip into my showers. I have given up on taking one while he is home and awake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)