Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Begining School

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM
  • 12 Replies

My DS will be 3 in April and will be starting school in August.  It's a speech delay class as my son is very delayed in this one area and I have been told he has aprexia of speech.  I know this preschool setting and extra speech therapy will do wonders for him... and I have a few months to prepare... and though I don't think anyone else can really see how I feel... I hate that he is going.  It's 4 days a week, 4 hours a day.  I just hate that he is growing up.... he will offically not be my baby anymore!  *tear*

sad

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:44 PM

It's tough seeing them grow up, but I'm sure it'll be good for him. I'd love to put DD in preschool this fall, since she is a motivated learner, says she'd like to go to school when she sees it in books or on TV, and I'd love to have some one-on-one time with my baby that is due next month. I'm worried she'll miss the age cut-off by less than 3 weeks, since she has a mid-September birthday.

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM
My son is going to be 3 in May. He goes to the preschool this month for his evaluation to see if he will qualify for next yr or not. I k ow he's just going to cry the whole time. Not sure how they will evaluate him while he's crying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCKitten87
by Kat on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I know exactly how you feel. My daughter starts kindergarten in the fall. And this is her second year in early intervention preschool, but she is still my baby :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama.samm.2.3
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this
My two oldest start kindergarten in August. So I know how you feel. My youngest will be 2 in April. It is deffinantly hard to see them grow up. But it will be good for him. And just know he will always be your baby! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weaveress
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I signed my little one up for preschool yesterday. It made me sad too. She'll only be gone 3 hrs, 2 days a week. She is my last baby though. 

BramblePatch
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I homeschool....but its crazy seeing them grow up so fast.
Iamme-Imamom
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I'm right there. My son turned 4 in January. I have been doing preschool homeschooling foe him. He is reserved around kids & people he doesn't know. So I've been told by 2 people already he needs to go, but I know he's going to be a basket case if or when he goes. I will cry right with him. Lol He's my only one. It's hard. Good luck mamas!
Iamme-Imamom
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM
For not foe. Typing from my phone. Lol
Lily0118
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Agreed! My 4 yr old is super timid & shy outside our home so we enrolled her in full time preschool at 2 1/2. It has done wonders for her comfort level around others & she loves it! The first couple weeks were especially tough because she would cry when I dropped her off. After a quick hug, word of encouragement & good bye, it was  amazing to hear her cry stop immediately when I walked out of the room. It's a tough adjustment but inevitable for all of us! I work with kids with special needs & intervention is SO critical, the earlier & more frequent the better. Good luck! 

debramommyof4
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM

We are homeschooling this year.  Next year if my son who is turning 4 next week will stop pooping his pants I am going to let him go to preschool and see how that works for him. 

My oldest will probably never go back to a normal classroom and will probably stay home.  She just turned 7 and would rather be incharge of her own learning and I can give her lots of control and she is motivated.  She was a horror in a classroom.

My secound dd who just turned 6 has tried homeschool and preschool and wants to go back.  So we are going to try regular school next year for her.

My son will probably be great in a class but he has to decide he wants too. I may put him in anyway and see if that helps him start pooping in the potty.

My baby is turning 3 in April so she will still be home next year but will probably try preschool also the next year.

I like to see where they are going to be the most comfortable and happy place for them to learn at thier best.  I am dreading next year though because two of mine will probably attend school and I dont like them being away from me, but it is for thier best so I will do it and make them think I am excited and happy for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN