Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help Please!!!!!!! Terrible Two's

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hello every one I'm Katee and I'm a mom of 4. My 2 year old is out of controle i have tried timeouts and ive tried talking and light spanking. my older two wasnt even as bad as her. she kicks screams hits takes things puts everything in her mouth and tells you NO!!!! THE LIST GOES ON!!!! i dont know what else to do she has done this for a year now and it hasnt gotten any better but more worse. im not sure what to do she will be 3 in april and i have no idea how to get her under controle. has any one had anything like this happen to them or am i alone?

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bamababe1975
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I never found talking to be helpful with toddlers anyway, but timeouts did work with mine. Sometimes just ignoring certain behaviors - so long as they aren't harmful to the kid or others - can work better than anything else because they learn they aren't going to get any attention that way. And another thing to try when she IS behaving is to give her LOTS of attention. Many times they're not just testing their boundaries but crying out for attention from you and they'll take it any way they can get it - good or bad.

amonkeymom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Remove her from the situation, take away the object that she is misbehaving with and distract her.

Continue to be consistent with the time outs.

Quoting dreamteacher89:

Hello every one I'm Katee and I'm a mom of 4. My 2 year old is out of controle i have tried timeouts and ive tried talking and light spanking. my older two wasnt even as bad as her. she kicks screams hits takes things puts everything in her mouth and tells you NO!!!! THE LIST GOES ON!!!! i dont know what else to do she has done this for a year now and it hasnt gotten any better but more worse. im not sure what to do she will be 3 in april and i have no idea how to get her under controle. has any one had anything like this happen to them or am i alone?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)