Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

At what age did your LO go from toddler bed to big kid bed?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 59 Replies

I have found that my 3yo (will be 4 at the end of May) HATES his toddler bed. He sleeps much better in his big brother's twin bed (with big brother at night or by himself at naptime on weekends). Or even my full size bed. He has been asking for a big boy bed like Bubby's for a few months now. And I'm considering it too just so maybe I can get some actual sleep for once!

Another thing I noticed is our dog likes to sleep in my bed or big brother's bed but ONLY when LO is in the bed! If LO is not in either bed he can be found sleeping in my DD's bed. I wonder if he does this because he wants to sleep with LO? Thinking maybe if I get LO a twin bed the dog will sleep with him instead (stupid dog likes to curl up right in the crook of my legs)??

So when did your LO start sleeping in a big kid bed rather than a toddler bed?

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kattu
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM
She was about 2.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilblu399
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM
My son was 3 and my daughter is 2 and does fine sleeping on one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM

My oldest went from a crib to twin bed at 13 months bc he kept climbing out of the crib.

My daughter was 2 when we got the toddler bed bc we had just moved and were renting a small place. She then got a twin at 2.5

My youngest turned 2 in dec and went from his crib to twin bed just before his last birthday,

I don't normally do toddler beds, if your kiddo want s bait bed I think it's fine. My kids never had any issues.

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Ive been thinking about it, ds will be 4 in just under a month, but im not sure there's that much extra space in his room. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM

LO has a racecare bed right now so there is definitely room for him to have a twin. 

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

Ive been thinking about it, ds will be 4 in just under a month, but im not sure there's that much extra space in his room. Lol.

familyof5now
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:47 PM

My oldest went to a twin 1 month before he turned 4. We will be getting ds2 who turns 4 in May a twin bed soon.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM
We had a cub that converted to a daybed. DD didn't go from that to her twin til her 5th birthday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ConnersMom03
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Both of mine were about 2, but we didn't have our second in a toddler bed very long because we got bunkbeds within a month or two afterwards. She wasn't very comfy in the toddler bed.

Malley
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:16 AM
My oldest was in a regular bed shortly before 3. It's a racecar bed and we set it low so he had an edge around him. My LO will be 3 this summer and I'm thinking of getting a regular bed for him then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheyennesmommy4
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Around 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)