Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what chores do your toddler/preschooler do?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM
  • 44 Replies

My baby will be 3 in a month. 

Her daily chores are:

put her clothes in the hamper

pick up her toys and put them away

put her dirty dishes in the dishwasher

dry the table after her siblings wash it

hang up her own coat and put her shoes on the shoe rack 

Her weekly chores are:

pick up the living room and hallway

polish the tables in the living room

help fold her clothes and put them away

put canned goods away

Kasi Lynn, Calvin David, & Lilith Jade's Mommy
The Work will wait while you show the child the RAINBOW, but the rainbow won't wait while you do your work.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't have a set chore list.  I wasn't raised with them and I don't plan to implement them in my home either.  They are in charge of their own rooms when we ask them to pick up and they are expected to keep their toys picked up and help out when we ask.  My son (6) VERY willingly vacuums for us, takes the garbage out, and even weeds in the spring/summer (we actually take these things away from him as punishment) so it's just never been a struggle to get them to pitch in.

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

DD will be 2.5 next month, so her main chores are to help pick up her toys and put her shoes away. She'll also help me with whatever housework I'm doing. She seems to like loading laundry into the washer and pushing the buttons to start the machine. She's only about 33" tall, so that limits what she can help with.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
My 3 year old helps out quite a bit. I don't have a chart or anything but works with me in doing everything she can. Dusting, laundry, meals etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont have a set chore list either.  

My kids are expected to:

Make their beds

Clean up their room

Clean up any mess they are responsible for making.  

And....any other chore I ask them to do, lol.

pswanson
by New Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:20 PM
My 5 and 6 year old are responsible for cleaning up their bedroom, making their own beds (they don't look great but they're getting the hang of it) and picking up their dirty dishes after meals. Not too much, usually its done without complaints some days its like pulling teeth.
itsm3
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:03 AM

i don't have a set chore list for dd except she has to tidy up her toys, keep her craft table clean/organized and put her plate/cup by the sink when she's finished eating.

othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM

My 3 year old makes her bed(well puts all her stuff on her bed) helps put her clothes away, helps clean her room and the living room, puts her dishes in the sink, and helps with other stuff.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I dont have a chore list. I make him clean up after himself.
greenishgirl
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM

My 3 year old son has some special needs but we have him help pick up after he plays with his toys and he likes to throw his diaper and anything else we tell him to into the trash. He'll help vacuum but obviously doesn't do a very good job on his own.

AlliJadesmama
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM
2 moms liked this
My DD who is 2 loves to help clean. She takes a baby wipe and wipes down the coffee table, when we clean she is our trash helper..she throws away anything we ask her to throw away, she loves it. She likes to help sweep even though she doesn't do it right but the fact she likes to try is great. She throws away her own diapers and I have her clean up her toys before bed. She likes to help with laundry too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)