Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

How many children do you have?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 72 Replies

I am expecting our third son in May and getting a bit nervous with the closer the time comes!

How many children do you have and how was the transition for you while adding another??
I did really well going from one son to two, but now we will be outnumbered so it will definitely be different!! haha

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jemia
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM
3, transition went well
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bchic24
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM

1 and 1 (hopefully lol) on the way. We'll have to wait and see if the transition goes well.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I have a 6 year old boy and 3 1/2 year old girl.  Hoping to ttc in the early summer for #3. 

I have always heard that going from 2-3 is much easier than 1-2.  Since you had an easy time with 1-2, hopefully 2-3 won't be much different.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I have 2 and the transition was pretty easy.Gabriel was 17 months so he was pretty agreable lol.

MamaTrombley
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:16 PM

3 and 1 stepson

BipolarMom09
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Hey guys! I have always heard that 2-3 is easier but was just curious since mine are a bit closer together. My oldest will be 4 next month, I have another who just turned 2, and then this one due in May. That means DS1 and DS2 are 20.5 months apart, DS2 and DS3 will be 29.5 months apart, and DS1 and DS3 will be just over 4 years apart.

Since my husband works so much, I am nervous about being home by myself with all three boys all the time!! lol

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:28 PM

3! Transition from one to two was great cause they are both boys but adding out little girl was a bit difficult considering the boys wanted a brother, and caring for baby boys and girls is very different! But alls well now! 

storkradio193
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:30 PM

2, I think the transition can be very different depending on how far apart the ages are. Mine are 19 months apart and the closeness is helpful for some things, but difficult for many others.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM
My DH and I have 5 boys between us and raised his brother.

We joined our families when our oldest boys were 2 and his younger son was 1.

When our older boys were 8, 8 and 7 we had our 4th son. We had also had his brother who was 12 for about a year.

When our boys were 12, 12, 11 and 4 and his brother 18 we had our last son.

Every day can be a challenge. You just take things one step at a time and learn to be flexible :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
supermomz25
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I have 3 kids. 2 boys and 1 girl. I am hoping that in a couple of years we will be able to try to have one more girl.
my oldest son is 12 1/2
my daughter is 11
my youngest son is 4

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN