Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

what age did your toddler start potty training

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM
  • 29 Replies
My son Michael Turing two on march the 23 he tills me when he is pee or cwhen he needs a dipper change so I try to change him and he tills me no, so my Quinton? is,is my son ready for potty training? Sometimes I think he didn't want to be potty trained because his little brother, his brother is 5months. What can I do to help him start potty training
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:02 PM

my son started at 3 years 5 months and was trained in 4 weeks.  my dd started training at 2 years 8 months and was trained in 3 weeks.

if you think he's ready, ditch the diapers while you are home for 1 week (keep him in a diaper for sleeping) and see what happens.  take him to the potty regularly and praise any and all successes.  prepare to clean up tons of accidents.  if after 1 week he isn't taking the initiative to get himself to the potty, he's not ready.  if at any point he cries or resists the potty, don't force him, he's not ready.

mommy_moy2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

my son started at 3 years 5 months and was trained in 4 weeks.  my dd started training at 2 years 8 months and was trained in 3 weeks.

if you think he's ready, ditch the diapers while you are home for 1 week (keep him in a diaper for sleeping) and see what happens.  take him to the potty regularly and praise any and all successes.  prepare to clean up tons of accidents.  if after 1 week he isn't taking the initiative to get himself to the potty, he's not ready.  if at any point he cries or resists the potty, don't force him, he's not ready.

Will we try to but he starts to shake and he call for me and I till him he is okay but idk I feel like he cause he started talking a little more
LML1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Sure put him on the potty when he starts to show signs. Good luck

mommy_moy2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Quoting LML1:

Sure put him on the potty when he starts to show signs. Good luck

What would those signs be? He tills me when he is dirty or pee and thank you so much
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM

if he's scared of the potty, he's not ready.  willingness is the key component.  is he on the adult potty or baby potty?

Quoting mommy_moy2:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Will we try to but he starts to shake and he call for me and I till him he is okay but idk I feel like he cause he started talking a little more

Mbpeaceful12
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Two, because she wanted to go to preschool and I began tired of spending a small fortune on Pull-Ups (they were becoming like diapers). For potty training success, there must be consistency.

AMR320
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:18 PM
26 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_moy2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Adult potty, the toddler potty we got he won't sit on it just for like a Min.
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

we trained both kids on the adult potty too.  your son isn't quite ready.  let him explore and get comfortable.  you can let him walk around bottomless at home if you want.  also, put a step stool next to the potty so he can come and go as he pleases.  just keep it fun and casual right now while he gets comfortable.   

Quoting mommy_moy2:

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Adult potty, the toddler potty we got he won't sit on it just for like a Min.

mommy_moy2
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Okay thank you I might just do that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN