Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teeth brushing

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
My 19 m/o won't let me brush her teeth anymore. She HATES it. I end up having to hold her down when I decide to do it and she cries the whole time. Idk what to do bc we have already been to the dentist and had a fluoride treatment, and she used to let me do it all the time. But that was before the training toothpaste and back when she only had four teeth. What do I do? I want her to have good brushing habits and I healthy teeth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mandaschelle
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Does she like to do it herself?
My DD 2 years is very independent and want to do it on her own. Since I don't think she does a good enough job on her own we have 2 toothbrushes. She holds one to and I brush with the other.
There is still a lot of coaxing to "open big" " say cheese" but at least she is interested this way.
babowes
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM
We had this same thing happen to us.....just keep trying 3 times a day. We say just give us a count to 20!
KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM
She will bite the tooth brush but only on the handle. Otherwise it's a no. I don't want to scar her for life by having to hold her down like that. It really breaks my heart.
PEEK05
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM

When my daughter was that age, she went through that stage.  I let her brush my teeth while I brushed hers and then by the time she was 2, she had outgrown that.  Now she is 4 on Saturday and is OBSESSED with brushing her teeth.

Gweneveer
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Its a power struggle.  Let her brush your teeth first, worked like a charm for us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)