Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My three year old daughter snores extremely loud

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 12 Replies
I really need advice.. She's snoring all night long and it's so loud she's waking up her brother through the night:/ help please:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Talk to your pedi. It very well could be enlarged tonsils, which can also cause obstructive sleep apnea in LOs.

Not trying to say you should jump to conclusions, we all know that's bad practice. I just know what caused this kind of crazy snoring for my son at that age. But I do think you should discuss it with the doctor to see if there may be something going on.
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I agree with pp. my neice used to snore super loud, they went on vaca & her parents realized she also stopped breathing a bunch in the middle of the night. She had to get her adenoids out.
babowes
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Tonsils????
mama.samm.2.3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I would talk to your pedi. I used to snore loudly too. But I had my tonsils and adnoids taken out and it got better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ardiaxe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM

My nephew had the same issue, it eventually turned into sleep apnea.  By 5 he had a tonsillectomy.

missmansmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM

You might want to have a sleep study done.  We did and found out our 3 year old girl had sleep apnea. We got her tonsils and adinoids taken out, and the doctor said it was good we did, as they were blocking 90% of her nasal passages! I wish you well. Post to me if you want to talk, but I know how you are feeling.

LovingFreely
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Wow! Thank you guys so much! I am definitely going to bring this up! I had been talking with her doctor about it and she never talked about any of these posibilites.. But im going to ask that we look into it, again thanks so much!
mariesmama
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM

that is not normal i've heard that an ent might take out tosils&adenoids to reduce snoring it works for a while

SarahSuzyQ
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM
You could also ask for a referral to an ENT to get a second opinion.

Quoting LovingFreely:

Wow! Thank you guys so much! I am definitely going to bring this up! I had been talking with her doctor about it and she never talked about any of these posibilites.. But im going to ask that we look into it, again thanks so much!

LovingFreely
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I'll definitely do that too!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

You could also ask for a referral to an ENT to get a second opinion.

Quoting LovingFreely:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN