Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Should I call?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM
  • 24 Replies
My son had a playdate at a friend's house today after preschool. They are in the same class and very good friends, so they spend a lot of time together at school as well as these playdates.

My son woke up puking and having diarrhea tonight, poor guy. :-\ He's obviously pretty sick, looking like Norovirus.

I'm just wondering whether I should call the other family in the morning and let them know? The likelihood is that both boys were already exposed at school, and I wouldn't normally call all his classmates if he were ill. I'm just not sure if it would be appropriate to tell this family because we were also at their home today... Thoughts?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preacherskid
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I would call, just to give a heads up.  My kids are the ones catching horrible infections from kids at church, and two weeks later the parents of the carriers mention that Suzy had "x" disease that week and they brought them to church anyway :P

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Yeah I would call. I e-mail out to our playgroup if DS has a bug or something right after a play date.
babowes
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Yes.....for sure
iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Yes...I think the parents would appreciate it. I've always made it a habit to call the daycare when DS has been there with something contagious.

SarahSuzyQ
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:24 AM
I think that's obnoxious. I had no idea he was sick or he wouldn't have gone to school, let alone a playdate... It didn't start until late last night. :-\

Quoting preacherskid:

I would call, just to give a heads up.  My kids are the ones catching horrible infections from kids at church, and two weeks later the parents of the carriers mention that Suzy had "x" disease that week and they brought them to church anyway :P

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I would call! It's not like you knew when you sent him to their house, so they can't be mad! Calling would be nice of you! 

.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I would.
wonderstruck11
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Definetly. I get so mad when people knowingly come around us when they are sick.
I know you didn't know at the tine, but its better to tell the mom so she can prepare. My daughter is sick but I didn't have everything I need so I have to take a sick baby to the store, which will spread germs even more! At least with a warning in advance, she can make sure she has whatever the child needs.
Sanitize everything!!
TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM

call & let them know

GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I'd call. :-) I always call or message the mom if one of my kiddos is sick the next day so that they know their child may have been exposed and then they can keep an eye out for it. I usually only ever have playdates with one family and the mom always does the same for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)