Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

should i do goodie bags too? ****ETA****

My dd is turning 3 and we're having a pinata so should I do goodie bags too?

I was thinking a bag so they can put their candy in, a crazy straw, and a snack bag like teddy grahams, maybe stickers/tattoos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I don't usually do goody bags ever. LOL I hate getting them cause it's just cheap plastic toys that my kids will be upset over me throwing away, and they just get thrown on the floor and broken soon after getting them. That's just me though. lol

CatFishMom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I read a post somewhere once about goody bags and it made so much sense that I havent done them since. We're throwing a party, inviting the kids, feeding them (I usually do a full lunch of some sort), cake, ice cream, games, and while yes, they are bringing a gift-it's that child's birthday, not theirs. I usually try to send them home with a small party favor so that my child can say thank you for coming to my party (thats just as important as anything else to me) but I dont do goody bags anymore. Although, if youre doing a pinata, you might want to have little bags just for them to put the candy in-and hey, there you go, there are the goody bags! :-)

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I have always handed out goodie bags and a bounce house.

corrinacs
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I would make a few in case some children don't get anything from the pinata.  But beyond that, the pinata should dole out plenty of goodies on it's own.  Yes, provide bags to put goodies in from pinata though :)

Marimaru
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM

You might put the goodie bags in the pinata.  One thing I think is cool that my FIL does for the Christmas pinata, is what goes in there are small bags of candy that are already portioned out so that everyone gets the same amount.

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:33 PM

No! The piƱata should suffice

STVUstudent
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM

This is a REALLY cool idea, especially if the party has kids of different ages... a 6 year old can scoop up a lot more loot than a 3 year old...

Quoting Marimaru:

You might put the goodie bags in the pinata.  One thing I think is cool that my FIL does for the Christmas pinata, is what goes in there are small bags of candy that are already portioned out so that everyone gets the same amount.

Gweneveer
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM
It's up to you...I personally always do goody bags.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I think that's a great idea.

bhwrn1
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:56 AM

I don't do goodie bags

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)