Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

valentines tomorrow..

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
With having kids in school or what not are you doing anything special for their class?
I'm making cookies for all my kids classes :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcm28
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Idk what the teacher is going to do tomorrow because my kids just went back to school today.
Necie72
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM

DD is going to write her name on the valentines today.  We're not sending in a treat.  Our school treats have to be store bought and I don't feel like going out today.  I forgot about picking something up while we were out yesterday.  DD and I made cookies together for us to eat at home.  She helped me press the heart shaped cookie cutters and she put the icing and heart shaped sprinkles.

GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM

No, my dd has been sick and out of school. :-( The teacher also sent all the parents an e-mail saying that they aren't allowed to do a party or have parents bring in sweet treats or anything fun basically. Lol. So they were sponge painting paper bags and putting them in their cubbies. Then the parents have to be the ones to put the Valentines into them if their kids made any and then they aren't allowed to see any of them until they leave the school to prevent any hurt feelings.

Gweneveer
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Valentine's, lollipops, pencils and erasers :)
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Well, we were told to bring Valentine's so I made a little gift baggie that has a roll of 5 dcolor pages and some Valentin's stickers. 

My son has severe food allergies, as do a few of his classmates, so I try to take the food/candy stuff out of it :).

Also, with the baked goods, you may want to contact your school to see if there are kids with food allergies (especially severe).  Also, many schools will not allow baked goods from home for this reason.  Just so you dont' go making them and asked to take them home.  Just a warning :)

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM

My kindergartner has a party and needs parents to help. So I am going to help out with that. My oldest and youngest are bring cards to school for Valentine's day.

My kindergatener's birthday is tomorrow and we are bring fruit cups to school. Instead of sweet treats. They will be getting a lot of that between the party and valentine's cards.

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM

My sons class is having a party and they are making crafts. I volunteered to send in the snack since my son has a peanut allergy and some other little boy has a gluten free diet so I make cookies that are peanut and gluten free so everyone in the class can enjoy them. They are shaped like hearts and having pink and red icing with heart sprinkles. 

.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM

no kids in school, we aren't doing anything

babowes
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM
They are doing a lunch bag exchange so I am making one special lunch
robibuni
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM

My oldest isn't in school yet, but we've made Valentines for her cousins and friends and are delivering them tomorrow :)

We're also gonna do chocolate covered strawberries, and maybe pick up some stuff to make some heart shaped cookies tomorrow! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)