Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

what can i do?!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have tried all I can think of to get my 2 year old daughter to eat.. NOTHING is working!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
laughnchica
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM

My 3 year old has been refusing everything to eat lately and I didn't know what to do other than say okay, no food and after missing two or three meals and/or snacks she started eating again since she was hungry. Can you ASK her what she wants and if its feasible do that?

robibuni
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:33 PM

A lot of kids go through this kind of phase. All you can do is continue to offer healthy options and when she's hungry, she'll eat. A child won't starve themselves. Good luck.

DerDer528
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM

letting her miss a few meals (giving her the option of eating what i cooked of course) might work. but I've tried letting her pick and after its made she says she wants something else.thank you!

DerDer528
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM

thank you!

Quoting robibuni:

A lot of kids go through this kind of phase. All you can do is continue to offer healthy options and when she's hungry, she'll eat. A child won't starve themselves. Good luck.

CafeMom Tickers
StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, but there's nothing you can really do. If they don't want to eat, they won't. But they also won't starve themselves. My SIL has this battle with her son. All it does is stress her out. He eats little bits of food, but on occasions he will eat a ton. Be patient, this phase will pass.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

you can't really force them to eat. if it isn't affecting her health wise and she's not losing weight, just keep offering. If it is affecting her health I would talk to her doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)