Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Book Suggestions?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

My DS is really into books right now.  He LOVES them!  Taking him to Barnes and Noble is like going into Toys R Us for most kids.  He goes to the shelf, gets a book, and goes right over to the reading section to check it out - then goes back for more!

He's almost 17 months old.  He mainly loves to flip through the pages.  We'll go through 3-4 books at night - with him flipping through the book a few times, then putting it down to get a new one.  He's great with them - doesn't sit and rip pages or anything.

We have a ton of books - but I'm always looking for new ones that will engage him - and possibly be classics that he'll always remember.

I'm looking for suggestions - what books have your LOs loved? 

****THANKS everyone for your suggestions!  I'm  making a list for the next time we go to the book store :) Feel free to keep them coming.  We'll hopefully need new books for a long time!  *****

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM

my dd is like that.  up until about her 3rd birthday she didn't even have toys in her room, just dozens of books. 

we love berenstein bear books.  i also love dr. seuss.  some of our favorites are I Am NOT Going to Get Up Today and I Wish That I Had Duck Feet.  The Seuss ABC book helped teach my son his alphabet!

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:07 PM

My dd loves Sandra Boynton books, lots of silly stories and rhymes. Others she loved: Brown Bear, Brown Bear and Corduroy. I can't think of any others right now. 

kflemino22
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I sell Usborne Books and we have tons of books that children love.  Check out my website at http://u3330.myubam.com/14870

The website has separations by age to make it easier to find books he will love. Also, you could host an eshow (online show) and earn free books for your son as well! 

Gweneveer
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Definitely Berenstein Bears!  I also like Clifford and Arthur books.  

babowes
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM
All the sandra boyant books are great
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
STVUstudent
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM

We love anything by Todd Parr... bright colors, feel good messages...

wonderstruck11
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM

My daughter is the same. Usually we just go to our local Goodwill and pick out some books. The board books are only $.50!
She loves:
*"the Foot Book"
*Her Yo Gabba Gabba book
*We got this one that shows different body parts and labels them in English, French and Spanish. At the end of the book is a mirror and she loves it!

furbabymum
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Anything by Sandra Boynton. Also loves the Dr. Suess, Mr. Brown can Moo. Then there are these board books that just have pictures and what the picture is. Trying to think of what he name of them is. Not coming to me. But we have one that is animals and one that is stuff around the world and he LOVES those.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM

My kids love books too. I usually just take my son to the library and let him go crazy picking out books to check out. lol we have a limit of 50 books at a time so we fill his book bag.

I like reading dr. suess. he likes pretty much anything.

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM

At that age, my son LOVED Let's Go to the Zoo. It's one of the flap books. It really helped him build animal vocabulary. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)