Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

My DS is really into books right now.  He LOVES them!  Taking him to Barnes and Noble is like going into Toys R Us for most kids.  He goes to the shelf, gets a book, and goes right over to the reading section to check it out - then goes back for more!

He's almost 17 months old.  He mainly loves to flip through the pages.  We'll go through 3-4 books at night - with him flipping through the book a few times, then putting it down to get a new one.  He's great with them - doesn't sit and rip pages or anything.

We have a ton of books - but I'm always looking for new ones that will engage him - and possibly be classics that he'll always remember.

I'm looking for suggestions - what books have your LOs loved? 

****THANKS everyone for your suggestions!  I'm  making a list for the next time we go to the book store :) Feel free to keep them coming.  We'll hopefully need new books for a long time!  *****

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Replies (31-33):
sylph_ironlight
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Little Critter books, and Thomas the Tank Engine are my 2 year olds favourites. These books are listed as 3-5, but my 2 year old LOVES them: http://www.qed-publishing.co.uk/range.php?r=qed-storytime They also have a list of questions and discussion ideas in the back for when they get older. They are illustrated really nicely. Digger and Lew by Malachy Doyle, Home Sweet Home by Caroline Pitcher, and Josh and the Woo-Woo by David Bedford are his favourite. We have about 8 of them in softcover. He reads Josh and the Woo-Woo every night with my husband and loves saying the woo-woo noise.

cherokeegoddess
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:00 PM

owl babies, runaway bunny, guess how much i love you.  the napping house, anything by don and audrey wood and laura numeroff. but owl babies is so cute. mine will read the little owls back to me. also pete the cat by eric litwin

lisahappymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM

My kids love the Karen Katz lift the flap books or any of the Where's Spot books! 

Enjoy your little reader!    :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)