Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Head start Easter Party.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

I need some ideas for a head start Easter party. I will have 40 3 & 4 year olds. No outside food or drinks is allowed. So Easter egg hunt, but what to put inside the eggs. How can we make it a little educational? We can do some crafts and games.. But what kind..... 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Pinterest is going to be the most awesome thing you will meet :).

And since you can't bring candy, you could do scroll goodie bags. I  make these for Valentine's.  I get $1 coloring books and give each child about 5 pages.  I roll up the pages and put it into a very small cup (I have a salt shaker that's elongated and I can take apart easily).  I then put a ribbon around the papers and tie a bow/curl the ribbon.  I include stickers and other goodies from the Dollar Tree :).  Coloring is a great way to master fine motor skills :).

As far as inside the eggs, I'd do stickers, coupons (I've been good, take me out for icecream sort of things).  Anything like that would be a hit, I'd think anyway :).  Pinterest would have more ideas.

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM

stickers, or temporary tatoos my 3 yr old loves both!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I agree, check pinterest. I am not creative!

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM
If you have a budget, go to michaels - they have craft 'kits' and huge tubs of foam stickers - wait for a sale they are 40% off almost once a month.

Foam stickers on construction paper or on foam sheets they sell (like foam sticker bugs on a foam flower, draw a scene then put foam sticker flowers and bugs on it). They also sell 'kits' like make a bug finger puppet, etc.

Design your own egg (paper with a big outline)
Finger painting flowers
Thumbprint bugs

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes! Definitely check Pinterest! I don't know what we ever did without it! LOL

Quoting corrinacs:

Pinterest is going to be the most awesome thing you will meet :).

And since you can't bring candy, you could do scroll goodie bags. I  make these for Valentine's.  I get $1 coloring books and give each child about 5 pages.  I roll up the pages and put it into a very small cup (I have a salt shaker that's elongated and I can take apart easily).  I then put a ribbon around the papers and tie a bow/curl the ribbon.  I include stickers and other goodies from the Dollar Tree :).  Coloring is a great way to master fine motor skills :).

As far as inside the eggs, I'd do stickers, coupons (I've been good, take me out for icecream sort of things).  Anything like that would be a hit, I'd think anyway :).  Pinterest would have more ideas.

Gweneveer
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Erasers?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)