Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

i need help with my daughter????

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 27 Replies
My daughter is 2 years old and I have started potty training and I have got a potty and pantys. She will sometimes uses the potty but she crys for the diapers. I don't know what to do.I thought she would like useing the potty. Please help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe AmyS
by Group Admin on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Be patient momma, it usually takes a while and if she's pretty newly 2 she might just not be ready yet.

kflemino22
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree to be patient.  Kids, I have found, potty train in their own time.  Some kids take longer than others.  The worst thing you can do is overpush them, especially when they are so young.  She won't go to college in a diaper.  She just needs time to adjust.  Don't go into it with expectations, go into it with an open mind :)  Best of luck! :)

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Willingess has to be there.  If it's not, she's not quite ready.  Just let her casually explore on her own terms.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Be patient.  She sounds like she's not yet ready so give her time and re-visit.  Familiarize her with the potty and the whole concept and give her time.  She'll let you know when she's ready.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:43 PM

what they said. :)

Gweneveer
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Has she shown you any signs that she is ready?  Or are you strictly going by her age?

jazzy1016
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Both when I first got the potty she was all about going pee in it. Now she is like whatever.

Quoting Gweneveer:

Has she shown you any signs that she is ready?  Or are you strictly going by her age?

wingmom
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:38 AM

She may just not be ready. I was told that before they are ready you are just spinning your wheels and its true. I pushed my son and almost had a nervous breakdown trying to get him pottytrained before preschool (he was 3) and it was awful. Then when he was ready it happened, try not to stress it too much. 2 is on the young side, you have plenty of time. And dont forget to reward, reward reward when it does start to happen!

whatmynameagain
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:44 AM
It takes time. Kids have to be physically and emotionally ready before they are comfortable doing something as new as using a potty. Just let her go at her pace she'll use the potty in time when she's ready, there's no magic age. In the meantime remember this is a huge milestone for her, there may be fall backs too. Don't rush her and try to enjoy it she's learning a new set of skills:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Did you try pull-ups?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN