Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

i need help with my daughter????

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter is 2 years old and I have started potty training and I have got a potty and pantys. She will sometimes uses the potty but she crys for the diapers. I don't know what to do.I thought she would like useing the potty. Please help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Replies (21-27):
want10more
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:48 AM

my kids were potty trained late. one at 18 mos but the others at 3. my 6 yr old was gettin really late, we made him pee for wii. if he peed, he couldn't play til he'd gone potty. SNAP! 1 wk he was done. but now w/ my 3 yr old well, he's going a lil more slowly. if u talk to the old wives they'd tell u a child MUST be trained by 2. good thing those old wives are dead by now. no sense in potty training at gunpoint! she's only 2, she'll be just fine, don't worry. buy her pretty panties, and tell her dora won't like gettin pee on her head. heh. sounds like u've done that. i wouldn't worry so much she's still lil. (yes i know tellin a mommy not to worry is like telling her not to breathe.....) but ur doin just fine. u've brought it up to her, and prolly gave her HUGE kudos for going in the potty. just don't force it, she'll come around!

MagickalMommy
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I'd just quit. When she's ready it will be a breeze.

babowes
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM
How is it going?
paganmommy4
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I got my daughter a singing potty seat that she picked out. The big thing about potty time is it should be her idea not yours. My little one has decided to start going potty again after being sick. She goes through bouts of diapers, pull ups and going potty. By three she should have it mastered, but Im not forcing the issue

jbradford
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:25 PM
My daughter is almost 2, we are also potty training. A month before we switched I started putting her in diapers that are a size to small. She was happy to switch.
dreamteacher89
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM

She will let you know when she is ready i didnt believe it either but yeah my daughter that will be 3 in april has only been potty trained since christmas and it wasnt even that hard i put regular underwear on her and she wouldnt potty in them but if i put the diaper on her she would go on her self.

PEEK05
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Sorry I don't know. Both of my kids loved undies and panties.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN