Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever regretted a move, do you like where you live?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am so regretting a move we made last June. And its my fault because I convinced my husband we should move closer to my family about two hours from where we were. Long story short my family has shown me they dont care about me or my son, and I find myself being sick with homesickness for our old house and church. I feel like I am a bit over obsessed about it. My husband found his dream house here so we did it, but its got no yard, and our old house was smaller but with this HUGE fenced in yard, with farm fields behind, and I cant believe how much I miss the yard, the open space and the views. I have had the thought that if I beg my husband long enough he might move back (we rented out the other house cuz we couldnt sell it) but Im really trying hard to not get to that point. Trying to just make the best of this location but also hating myself and wondering when I will just get over it, despite how negatively I feel about this house. My son has done well in both places, he is 4. Have you ever moved and regretted it?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Replies (21-25):
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Hey,

Talk to him about it anyways.  I mean, the good news is that the old house is still in your posession, so you won't have to pull too many strings to get it done.  But if you are unhappy, talk to him about it.  You just neverk now, he might feel the same way!

yes, I have regretted a move.  We moved up closer to DC.  It felt the closer we got to DC the worse things were.......preschools were crappier, going to the grocery store was just the worst experience EVER.

We finally moved back out and are a bit happier.  Our only gripe is the commute.

wingmom
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you for sharing your story its nice to get an example of someone who "moved back" and is glad they did. I do know of one military couple we used to know who rented out their house for three years and then moved back to it once he was able to get re-stationed in their town, and they consider it home. I wished for so long to move to this area so I feel pretty much like that saying is true, be careful what you wish for you just might get it. I just pictured this happy homecoming with my family and its been painfully disappointing, although of course I can come up with its good points too. I want to see what the next year brings us, it is very comforting to me now to know we still own our old house though.

Quoting corrinacs:

Hey,

Talk to him about it anyways.  I mean, the good news is that the old house is still in your posession, so you won't have to pull too many strings to get it done.  But if you are unhappy, talk to him about it.  You just neverk now, he might feel the same way!

yes, I have regretted a move.  We moved up closer to DC.  It felt the closer we got to DC the worse things were.......preschools were crappier, going to the grocery store was just the worst experience EVER.

We finally moved back out and are a bit happier.  Our only gripe is the commute.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I'm happy with where we live, only hate my neighbors

jesusgirl76
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:43 PM
I hope things get better for you. Last year due to some ex friends my family and i were forced to move to a motel. Due to circumstances we are still there. Its no place for babies and toddlers. So besides the motel thing i regret moving in with those "friends "
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lisahappymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:52 AM

It's probably good that you moved, because if you hadn't you would always wonder whether you missed a chance to connect with your family.  It's too bad that your family is missing out on your son.  It seems like that will sting worse as long as you're still living near them.  You still have your old house, so maybe it was meant to be for you to return.  It's never too late to go back.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)