Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

how old was your little one when..

Posted by   + Show Post
You took the binky away? ? Im having a hard time taking the binky away from my daughter. She just turned 11 months & she uses it to sleep she Will Not sleep without it! :-( any suggestions??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Replies (71-77):
emarin77
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM

My son just turned three.  We let him know before hand before he turned three we were going to take it away from him.  He asked for it a couple times after but he never had a problem after.

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:38 PM

He's 29 months old and we got rid of the last one about 3 weeks ago. He dropped it in the toilet and the garbage man had to take it. It's been really tough for him since he only used it for sleeping. Teethers worked the frist few nights, but it's just such a chore to get him in bed now. He came off the bottle and potty trained within days, but this has been our biggest challange.

Was talking to my pedi this morning and she recommended sending him to bed with a few ounces of water in a sippy cup to give him something to mouth on without forming a bad habit.

slayerslegacy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I hate pacifiers. I was not thrilled when the nurses in nicu gave him one. Luckily, he didn't form an attachment and was fine without it once we got home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Addysmomma11
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:31 AM
On her 1st birthday I took them all away. She did well but when bedtime came it wasn't so much fun. I gave her a sippy cup that had a soft top but I kinda regretted giving that too her cause she kinda used it as another pacifier. I know that was bad of me. She was actually still doing it til just about 2 weeks ago that was hard too and she's finally getting use to having nothing when she goes to bed. Make sure you take it away early but nephew had his til she was 4, that was embarrassing.
hazel1922
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM
6 months for both of my boys. My oldest had a hard time. He would cry for it but within a week he was over it and my youngest loved his but didnt mind not having it.
momofquinadeva
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:12 AM

my oldest was 4 months he just didnt want it.....middle son was 10 months and my daughter almost 3 months dont really use anymore

ragitty
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:24 AM

13 months. I would have taken it sooner but was told to wait until after I weaned him at 12 months. In the future I plan on taking it away even sooner as I do not plan on weaning so early again. I just took it away. Those first few nights were rough and we spent a lot of time in the rocking chair, but the best way is to just take it away. I made sure ds always had his security blanket, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)