Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

very defiant & violent 3 year old..

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM
  • 8 Replies
My 3 year old has got were he don't listen to anyone, discipline isn't even phasing him.. He is also always hit, kicking, or biting my 2 year old step-son and even hit my 4 month old with a hairbrush. I need help and advice to deal with my out of control 3 year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM

have you tried positive reinforcement and behavior charts? 

how much one-on-one time is he getting with you and dad (together and separately)? 

it sounds like he's acting out for attention but if you think it goes above and beyond typical 3 year old boundary-testing, call your pedi.

momma_hambrook
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I think it has a lot to do with the fact in just began seeing his real dad through visitation after his father not seeing him for a year..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zinniadaisy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Sounds like he's developed some anger issues abotu this situation and a therapist could help him understand his anger and how to control it properly

Quoting momma_hambrook:

I think it has a lot to do with the fact in just began seeing his real dad through visitation after his father not seeing him for a year..

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM

i agree.  i would look into someone for him to "talk" to.  a good therapist will not only work with him but give you tools to manage his outbursts.  good luck!

Quoting zinniadaisy:

Sounds like he's developed some anger issues abotu this situation and a therapist could help him understand his anger and how to control it properly

Quoting momma_hambrook:

erinsmom1964
by Carrie on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Do not hestiate get him some professional help NOW.  

Gweneveer
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I would definitely speak to his Dr asap.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM

How do you react when he does these things? Are you calm and in control, or do you get flustered or angry sometimes? Often kids do things like that for attention, positive or negative. If you stay calm and ignore him, while removing the other kids from the dangerous situation, that might help.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:10 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)