Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Do your LOs know anyone in a wheel chair?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM
  • 36 Replies

Mine do not.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Duquesne
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM
My father is paralyzed. So yes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

DH is wheel chair bound.  They get confused when we see chairs at the doctor's office and he is at home, they think he is there or lost his chair.

Mama_Dolly
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM
His gg( great grandma) was... she pasted away after christmas
PEEK05
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM

How awful. :( I am sorry for your family's loss.

Quoting Mama_Dolly:

His gg( great grandma) was... she pasted away after christmas

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM
When i was pref i had issues and had to use a wheelchair to get around. But my daughter had a girl on her cheerleader team that was in a wheel chair
PEEK05
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Wow that's cool!

Quoting sahmw2010:

When i was pref i had issues and had to use a wheelchair to get around. But my daughter had a girl on her cheerleader team that was in a wheel chair

corrinacs
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM

No.  I did many years ago, but he passed away :(.  He was my mom's best friend.

Jodyblonde2007
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Yes, their great grandmother on father's side and their great great grandmother on my side and a distant cousin on my side

CampClan
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:21 PM
My mom. She's not wheelchair bound but uses one due to her foot surgery a few months ago. She will be for at least 6 more months as she has to have repeat surgery next month.
butterflycircle
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Yes. My cousin is in a wheel chair.

She and her twin were born suuuuuuuuper early. Her twin didn't make it more than a few days. She is now and has always been in a wheel chair, cannot move her legs, cannot see (maybe a few spots), she has many disabilities. She identifies people by their voice and is easily excited. She has learning disabilities and cannot speak well or much. She life expectancy was estimated to be maybe 5-7 yrs old. She is now 25 : ) My aunt and uncle went after the dr (legally) b/c he didn't even try to stop labor and this all could have been prevented. They won. We are all thankful for her, she is pretty amazing and with out her, her parents and sisters would not be the same amazing and compassionate people they are today.

I am glad that my kids are around her. At frist they are unsure and a little afraid of her but they come around quickly and treat her just like any one else. I think it is good for them to see that she might look and sound and be different, but she is a person too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)