Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Fevers & Parties

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM
  • 22 Replies

Just like most this season we have the nasty coughing in our house.  Lil Chunker has a sinus infection and on meds.  Our daughter started cough a few days ago, so I started breathing treatments.  Well, this morning she woke with a low fever (100).  Not bad at all!  We are suppose to go to a bday party but am keeping the kids home.  Hubby is aggrevated b/c he bought the present and the kids are acting 'fine'.  I just don't want to spread germs, plus if she goes (bowling party) she will get hot and start a coughing fit that won't start.  So.......do you keep your kids away from bday parties when they are sick?

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ktina11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Fever with no other symptom would have me going. I can see why you wouldn't but personally unless they are feeling terrible....I would still go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, I have to. Have your husband drop the present off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

100 isnt a fever... so i would go, unless kids are mopey

by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I agree with you. Fever, stay home. Drop off the present. The parents will thank you. 

ragitty
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep them home. It is not fair to all the other kids and their families to bring the germs around to be spread. I wait until they have been fever-free, vomit-free etc for a full day. Small colds I don't have a major problem with, but with the activeness of a bowling party I might hold them back or tell them to take it easy and use their own ball.

BlessedMammaof2
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd rather keep them home than possibly expose others. Even though temps above 100.4 are considered fevers. I hate when parents knowingly bring their sick kids around DS and wouldn't intentionally do it to someone else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Twins4
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep them home.
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Yea, I don't freak or give meds unless temps are close or over 101 (and that's if a warm bath and popsicle doesn't bring it down).  I just didn't want to take her out with the nasty cough and have her temp spike while we were out :/

Quoting BlessedMammaof2:

I'd rather keep them home than possibly expose others. Even though temps above 100.4 are considered fevers. I hate when parents knowingly bring their sick kids around DS and wouldn't intentionally do it to someone else.

FarmGirl2B
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so angry when people bring their sick children out in public for no good reason. With the cold and flu season the way it's been this year, it's a wonder why my kids are just now getting sick, but thanks to some parents that chose to bring their hacking kids who didn't cover their mouths when they coughed and touched everything in sight to the hotel where we were staying, here we are fighting some nasty stuff. I tried so hard to keep them away from contagious people because we just had a new baby. Please be considerate of others and keep your little ones at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM

So glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.  I feel so bad lately b/c we have been stuck at home.  But the past week Lil Chunker has had a NASTY cough and its still awful.  And now our daughter is getting it.  I just don't want to be 'that' mom who shares..........

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

I am so angry when people bring their sick children out in public for no good reason. With the cold and flu season the way it's been this year, it's a wonder why my kids are just now getting sick, but thanks to some parents that chose to bring their hacking kids who didn't cover their mouths when they coughed and touched everything in sight to the hotel where we were staying, here we are fighting some nasty stuff. I tried so hard to keep them away from contagious people because we just had a new baby. Please be considerate of others and keep your little ones at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN