Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He annous me to the point.....

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 9 Replies

My 4yr old son has been very winny. He is also at that stage of always talking and asking questions; Plus he loves to be a "broken record" which drives me CRAZY for he'll just say mom over and over. Even after I answer him.
I get to the point where I want to run away...I some times just want to smack him (which I have and never would do).

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Gweneveer
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I understand. Kids can be overwhelming at points. It gets better :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM
My son has been at that for almost 3 years.
Foleygirl24
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM

When my son (3) started whining, my DH and I whined back. The whole day. We became the whiner family for 24 hours. By the end he was begging us to stop because we were annoying. Now he very rarely whines, and if he does we just do it back for a sentence or so and he snaps right out of it!

PEEK05
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

My 4 year old is talking non-stop too.  Sometimes I just want her to back off.  I feel bad when I feel that way though.

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
When it would get to that point for me I'd abruptly turn get on his level and grin and and say " okay, I'm going to answer your question/ listen to you say that just one more time okay? Are you listening? Pro-mise?" And wait for a grin and total eye contact. If I heard it again, "eenh! Another topic please!"

The whining : I either told him ( more than once ) I didn't speak " whinese" and to pick a different tone, or I'd whine back which made him giggle and ask him whinily if it hurt his ears as bad as it did mine.

Good luck. It is so hard, it's some vocal tone a donkey teaches them!"
Jessica45
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I know all to well how you feel. My 4 year old DD drives bananas. From the minute she wakes up to the minute she goes to bed she talks and asks a million questions. Then she's constantly "mommy mommy mommy mommy" when I say what I get one of 2 responses, "I forgot" or "I love you". Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymomof2518
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM

For me it's once I get his attention he either tells me I don't know or just say's mommy again.

muchlovedby4
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I'm sorry momma. Just rest assured, you aren't alone. I'm going thru that with my 2 and a half year old DD. And i have a 1 month old son, so i'll be going thru it again as well.

I can completely sympathize.

Hang in there. :)
busymomof2518
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM

My youngest is 10 months and he has picked up on what big brother does. So some days they both drive me crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)