Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

when your dd has an addiction...

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 8 Replies
Yes my dd 4yrs has an addiction to peanut butter..ughh wants it for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner..what do i do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

offer it after other foods at lunch and dinner, but I don't really see a huge issue if they eat other things. We buy in bulk at Sam's and my girls ask for a spoonful of peanut butter or pb&j sandwiches or pb toast for breakfast, snacks, or with lunch all the time.

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:00 PM

LOL, of the addictions, this one is harmless.....say unless a person with a strongt peanut allergy comes into the pickture.

Let her have it for now :).  At other meals, offer other foods alongside her peanut butter :)

LoveonHollySt
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Peanut Butter is an good source of protein and the oil isn't bad either.  Let her go through her PB stage.  My sister was addicted bologna and cheese through out her school career.  At least PB is healthier.  You can put some on celery and then add raisens for "ants on a log" for snack.  With this you have veggie, fruit, and meat.

emarin77
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM

It is just a stage, all kids go through theirs too.  Just show her different options each day.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I agree, there are definitely worse things.

Add to her peanut butter things like celery or apples that she can dip in it so that she's getting some veggies/variety and make sur eyou offer her other things too.

Quoting emkirkley:

offer it after other foods at lunch and dinner, but I don't really see a huge issue if they eat other things. We buy in bulk at Sam's and my girls ask for a spoonful of peanut butter or pb&j sandwiches or pb toast for breakfast, snacks, or with lunch all the time.

RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:16 PM

let her have a little WITH each meal, but make sure it's not all she's eating. If it's a well-rounded meal, she's fine. :) She'll probably get tired of it eventually.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM

oh, I totally agree with adding things like celery for the "ants on a log" and apples, pretzle sticks, offer it on whole grain waffles or toast, mine love warm buttered toast with pb and honey and cinnamon on it...I ate tons of it when pregnant because I had gestational diabetes and I put it on toast, crackers, waffles, grapes, pretzles, apples, use it in smoothies (a banana, some yogurt and a few hefty spoofuls of peanut butter--some hershey's syrup or cocoa powder if you like the chocolate/pb or chocolate/banana thing)...

Quoting amonkeymom:

Add to her peanut butter things like celery or apples that she can dip in it so that she's getting some veggies/variety and make sur eyou offer her other things too.

Quoting emkirkley:

kayla864
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Love the ideas thanks so much..i def do put it on whole grain toast its her fave, im just tired of when i aske.what she wants to eat she says "pb sandwich" of course she never gets her way unless she eats food first.

Quoting emkirkley:

oh, I totally agree with adding things like celery for the "ants on a log" and apples, pretzle sticks, offer it on whole grain waffles or toast, mine love warm buttered toast with pb and honey and cinnamon on it...I ate tons of it when pregnant because I had gestational diabetes and I put it on toast, crackers, waffles, grapes, pretzles, apples, use it in smoothies (a banana, some yogurt and a few hefty spoofuls of peanut butter--some hershey's syrup or cocoa powder if you like the chocolate/pb or chocolate/banana thing)...

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting emkirkley:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)