Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

AYSO soccer?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm trying to register DD and it insists on something in the school field, listing only elementary and up schools. Umm...she's 4...
Has anyone signed up their kids for ayso soccer? Do they *have* to be affiliated with a school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
corrinacs
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I haven o idea, but here's a bump.

I do know that when my son did soccer when he was 3-4ish, they had it at the soccer fields at an elementary school.  Could that be what theyw ere talking about?  Figuring out which school you were closer to?

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Sorry, i deal with CYS soccer or upward sports (local church sports) so i have no clue. But if they are in head start then they are with a school
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM

No sorry. Here is a bump.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I would choose whatever public school your child would be districted for. In every soccer association we've been in, they use your school/address to group kids for teams in the younger leagues....it's easier to group by school district is generally why they ask for that, then they can just sort them that way.

Mommy2Phenley
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM
It already placed me with a region but maybe it wants to break it down more. I have no idea what elementary we are zoned for. I guess i can pick one that's close by. If that's the school we'd play at that would work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
froggynow3
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I registered my son for soccer and it asked the same thing, I just put N/A in that slot, I mean you have to put their bdays on there so the person reading them will see that they are not school age yet

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM

My son started playing soccer at 4 it wasn't through the school at all.

Mommy2Phenley
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 3:45 PM
It's an online registration and that field is a drop down menu with no "other" or "na" options. I tried leaving it blank, well, on "select" but it wouldn't go through.

Quoting froggynow3:

I registered my son for soccer and it asked the same thing, I just put N/A in that slot, I mean you have to put their bdays on there so the person reading them will see that they are not school age yet

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN