Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Does your LO listen to anything at bedtime?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 39 Replies

My almost 4yo likes listening to a Veggie Tales Lullaby CD. I have gotten him to sleep in his room (verus my room) for 2 months now because I allow him to listen to this CD. I even showed him what button to push to get it to play. It plays for about an hour & he is always passed out by the end of the CD!

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aimesnyc
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Nope.  He's been going to bed in his own bed since we brought him home, and has had a regular bedtime routine and bedtime (8pm) since he was a few months old.  I guess he listens to me and daddy wish him a good night, tell him that we love him, and say "Sweet dreams." :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

ATL958
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM
That is so cute.

I have a little projector that displays a sea life image on the ceiling, accompanied by either ocean waves or lullabies. It is supposed to help an infant focus their eyes, and that's what we got it for, but she loves it, so we just let her keep having it at bedtime. It plays for ~10 minutes and the cuts off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM
We have the precious planet mobile. He goes to sleep listening to it and watching the projection.
armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I play the local country station for dd. She asks everynight for her music. And she also watches the designs on her dreamlight.
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Sometimes they like the fan or our white noise machine.

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Aww, that's cute.  No, we don't play music at night. I do sing his favorite songs to him.

baby7810
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM

ya she has music playing all night long

happylife123
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Ya i let the boys listen to the local country station for about a hr then i shut it off and i lets my princess listen to her kidsbop cd for a hr makes bed time smoother

lalundin
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM
There was a thunderstorm one night and my boys were scared so I turned on country. Now they won't sleep without it.
mommabear1038
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM
My toddlers both have a TV (volume low) just for the light and also for background noise-I thought it would help us not have to tiptoe around the house so much if they had some noise in their room(s)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)