Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

When your kids are sick...

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 13 Replies

and you give them medicine, do your other LO's petend their sick just so they can have medicine too? My youngest dd has an ear ache and the other 2 claim that their sick so they can get the med. lol.

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:26 PM

no, they don't.  my dd is happy to get them though (even though she rarely gets them).  she is currently on meds for an ear infection and she would drink the whole bottle in one sitting if we let her.  she loves that stuff.  my son isn't so crazy about meds.

OliviaW.
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. While DD doesn't pretend she's sick she will tell me she needs it too. 

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol My dd sometimes fakes ailments to *try* and get tylenol. Damn companies make the meds taste too good now. Meds tasted like acid when I was a kid!! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
keriley1
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest fake coughs and says Mama see! I am really sick and needs medicine. lol

Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM
No, but dd2 is only 13 months old.

Sometimes my oldest will ask for more meds because she says it tastes good. I always explain to her medicine is not candy and its not to be taken without permission.
GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:08 AM

My 2 year old dd is always trying to be allowed to take her sister's medicine. Especially when it's "the pink kind!" She gets so upset when we tell her no. With tears in her eyes and a wobbly voice she'll tell me, "But I'm coughing!"

sumannie
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM

My kids freak out too. They like it that much that they want to take it no matter what lol.

Quoting GodsAmiga:

My 2 year old dd is always trying to be allowed to take her sister's medicine. Especially when it's "the pink kind!" She gets so upset when we tell her no. With tears in her eyes and a wobbly voice she'll tell me, "But I'm coughing!"

mommyofnoah208
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
No. But my daughter is too young to understand and my son doesnt like most medicine anymore
hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:09 PM
A dose of robitussin would cure that! Lol
Anything ending in Tussin will clear a kid out of a room!

Quoting keriley1:

My oldest fake coughs and says Mama see! I am really sick and needs medicine. lol

MamaTrombley
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM

My Daughter does that. But my Boys hate medicine....Love Love Love your signature.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)