Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which should I

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: What size?

Options:

Umbrella

Regular Stroller

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

We go to branson this summer - my dd will be almost 3 but there is noway she can walk around Silver Dollar City all day. so I am thinking about taking a stroller which should I take? A regular full sized on or an umbrella?

When did yours stop using a stroller?

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by Angie on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM
If you are going to be packing stuff around I would say a regular stroller. Otherwise umbrella stroller.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM

we bought a mid-sized stroller to hawaii when ds was about 13 months.  we wanted a small lightweight stroller but with a reclining seat and a sun shade in case he fell asleep.  it was a chicco from amazon for about $70.

storkradio193
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I would take an umbrella if it can handle the terrain, especially if the trip involves flying and lots of suitcases.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

dearg76
by Heather on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Thanks - The trip is not a flight just a drive, and there will be suitcases of course. Silver Dollar City is really well paved but it is very very hilly.

othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

How tall is she and how much does she way. My daughter is 3 1/2 and still occcasionally uses her jogging stroller, but has out grown .most others. She is 40 1/2 inches and 41 pounds. I usually used a umbrella stroller while traveling.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I would do umbrella

JTE11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I'm a fan of the regular stroller because I hate carrying stuff all day. I can just put it all underneath the seat.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM

My daughter was out of a stroller before 3. If you need a basket area, get a regular, lightweight stroller (but bigger than a standard umbrella stroller). If you don't, then just get the umbrella.

ferne3
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Actually we went through something similar.  Located a Toys 'R' Us in the city we were travelling to (we were flying) and bought a cheap one with a coupon.  We still have it - works great.   DD loves it - she straps herself in and jumps out when she wants to walk.  Got it for her at about a year and she is almost 2 now.

hotrockermama
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:09 AM
my 3 yo still uses her umbrella stroller for long walks, but she also has a child harness (which she adores!) that we use for shopping centers and when she's too squirmy for the stroller but its unsafe for her to run ahead of me. i'm actually probably going to do away with the stroller soon. she walks most of my weekly 5 mile hike with me these days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)