Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

At what age did you toss the Highchair?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM
  • 49 Replies
How old was your LO when they stopped using their highchair?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM

DD has been out of her high chair since before she was one and a half, but she still uses a booster seat. She's a very small 2.5 yr old now.

feliciasmith
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Do you feel like it was a waste of money? My bestfriend bought mine for my baby showe and my dd is 2.5 also and I dont think she got her moneys worth :/

Quoting mrsniebo:

DD has been out of her high chair since before she was one and a half, but she still uses a booster seat. She's a very small 2.5 yr old now.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM

My kids never used a high chair; they used the booster chairs.  My daughter was out at 2 but my son was out at 1.

erinsmom1964
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I LOVED the high chair I had for Erin.  It has 3 settings for the back and you could adjust the seat from almost on the floor all the way up.  Plus it folded for travel.  i first put her in it about 4 months so i could wheel her around the house with me everywhere.  I used it without the tray and pushed it right up to the table as it adjusted and was perfect.  Alas she refused to sit in it about 2.  She refused booster seat too.  she for the longest time sat on her knees here or out.  Luckily she is so tall that now at almost four she fits just fine in a regular seat no more knee sitting.  LOL

GoldenLinds
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM
My son stopped using it at a year. Once he discovered the booster the high chair was obsolete. My step daughter used hers for almost 3 years. She never had any objection to it. We used thw same chair so we got our moneys worth. I just donated it but I will definitely be getting another if I have another child.
maria1613
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM
We still use ours for DD. She's just over 2 now. We have one that can be pushed Right up to the table without using the tray. It's perfect
storkradio193
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM

We stopped with our first at about 2 1/2 when we got a table with a bench.  My second is almost two and still uses a high chair for many meals, but can sit at the bench.  I think it depends on the child and whether he/she is making a big mess or gets up from the table without eating.  I like that the highchair traps her and she eats more without distractions.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

Lovingmommy1028
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM

as soon as he turned 3 we stop he sit in the table with us no & no booster sit he can see over the table but if we go out sometimes he use the booster not often cause he can sit in a booth with no problem 

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I never used one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ferne3
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM

We have a chair that attaches to our dining room chairs.  It had a tray and worked great when she was an infant - the whole thing tilted back.  As she got older sat her up, then removed the tray and scooted it up to the table.  Arms and back came off and now it is a booster.  DD is almost 2 and she knows it as 'her' chair.  Loves it.  All kids are different...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)