Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

At what age did you toss the Highchair?

Posted by   + Show Post
How old was your LO when they stopped using their highchair?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Replies (31-40):
hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My son turns three in August. We still use it and not just for eating. That's the ( homemade play dough ) station. Water coloring and coloring place. It keeps the mess down and he'll still use it until crayons are for paper only is learned. I don't find it a waste of money in the least
megandwade
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:18 PM

My son just turned two and he stopped using it a few months ago. We dont use a booster or anything... he prefers to sit at the table like everyone else!

feliciasmith
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Yay featured post :D
JoanahLee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Both of my 2 year olds and my 3 1/2 year old sit in their high chairs at every meal,however, our high chairs are the wooden stackable highchairs that you see restaurants.  We took the front bar off, so all three of them can climb into their own seat, and sit nicely like in a big chair, its just a little taller and prevents them from having enough room in their chair to screw around during dinner. 

We will continue to use them until they are too bit to comfortably sit in the high chair and they can sit nicely in a regular chair. 

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM

We probably put DS in a booster at aroun 18 months, but he used the high chair for breakfast and helping in the kitchen until just before 2 1/2

katinahat
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:37 PM

We never used one. I used a Bumbo with a tray until she was around 8 months old, then just let her sit with us, since we rarely eat in the dining room. We do still use a highchair most of the time when we go out, though-- she's currently almost 16 months old. That's mainly because of her height, though. She sits still while she's eating, so once she's tall enough to sit on the normal seat, we'll stop using the highchair.

BlessedBeX3
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM

my oldest two who are 4 1/2 and 3 now used theirs untill they were both 2 1/2 or so. my youngest is 18 months and still using it :]

slrsgirl
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I think my son stopped using his high chair somewhere between 20-24 months (he was a little big for it anyway and wanted to climb out of it) he now has his own childs folding table and chairs that he uses. we still use high chairs at restaurants though (he is 27 months)

ToughLilMan1208
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM
DS used the Bumbo and High Chair..he's 4 now and only uses the highchair when at the inlaws, they kept it there. I think about 2 we started him sitting at the table, with a booster. We stopped using the booster around 3 ish..only cause he could reach the table
Newstart1012
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Around 1. I tried booster seats for a while then went to a normal chair. He has done fine there since 18 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN