Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Getting adult teeth at 5??? *pic* Update#2!

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 31 Replies

Dd1 just turned 5 on feb 6th, yesterday she started complaining that her tooth hurt. I didn't think much of it, just figured maybe the cookie had poked her or something. We check her and she has a tooth coming in. It looks far back to be coming in there.

I'm calling her dentist tomorrow, idk how normal this is. Will she need to get it pulled out? (For those that have gone through this?) the tooth isn't loose at all. Today I saw she has another coming in right next to it.

Small update

*** the tooth is loose!!! She's excited now :) lol***

Update 2: took dd to the dentist today, she got both of her teeth pulled since the other tooth is breaking the skin. She did soo good. Didn't even cry. Pic in replies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy06and09
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:04 PM
ds had that. he lost his first tooth at 5 and all of a sudden 2 adult teeth popped up and shoved two more of his teeth forward. the dentist had to pull the baby teeth around them. he did great. he was so happy that the tooth fairy would come and give him extra money for being so brave lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillokita
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:07 PM
My son us 5 and we are working I his 8th loose tooth .. the top front 4 came out and 2 adult teeth replaced them, but I haven't had to deal with teeth coming out without losing any. Good luck hope you get some reassurance.
mommy06and09
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM

here is a pic of his teeth now. (6 years old.) and another thing, they didnt even put ds under. they numbed his mouth and pulled his teeth and he came out smiling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Oh wow, thanks for posting this.  I have a feeling this may happen to Caden.  He's 5 and hasn't lost his first tooth yet!!!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM
My son is 5 but hasnt lost or got any teeth yet.
Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM
I'm really hoping they won't need to pull them. My daughter is umm a bit overly dramatic and while I know this hurts, I'll never hear the end of it. Lol.

I've heard some say that these will loosen the baby teeth and make them fall out.

She has the second one coming in also, but hasn't broken the skin yet. I can see white (not sure if u can tell in the pic) would they pull the other one too?? I'd hate for her to go two times.

Quoting mommy06and09:

ds had that. he lost his first tooth at 5 and all of a sudden 2 adult teeth popped up and shoved two more of his teeth forward. the dentist had to pull the baby teeth around them. he did great. he was so happy that the tooth fairy would come and give him extra money for being so brave lol.
Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Thanks! I was really hoping there teeth would fall out the normal way. I honestly wasn't expecting this until at least another year or two.

I'll update tomorrow if I can get her an appointment.

Quoting lillokita:

My son us 5 and we are working I his 8th loose tooth .. the top front 4 came out and 2 adult teeth replaced them, but I haven't had to deal with teeth coming out without losing any. Good luck hope you get some reassurance.
Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM
She just turned 5 last month, but Like I told the previous mommas I wasn't expecting this yet.

Hopefully it doesn't happen to your little boy.

Quoting corrinacs:

Oh wow, thanks for posting this.  I have a feeling this may happen to Caden.  He's 5 and hasn't lost his first tooth yet!!!

kris0921
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Its normal, they will just have to pull the baby teeth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy06and09
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
ds would have had 4 teeth pulled but the first fell out on its own about a week before the new ones grew in so he only needed 3 pulled.

Quoting Mrs.Velasquez:

I'm really hoping they won't need to pull them. My daughter is umm a bit overly dramatic and while I know this hurts, I'll never hear the end of it. Lol.

I've heard some say that these will loosen the baby teeth and make them fall out.

She has the second one coming in also, but hasn't broken the skin yet. I can see white (not sure if u can tell in the pic) would they pull the other one too?? I'd hate for her to go two times.

Quoting mommy06and09:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)