Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Fun questions from my 3 year old!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am currently pregnant with our second baby & my daughter asked me yesterday HOW the baby will get out of my belly.  I had been waiting for her to ask.  Did you tell your young child how it really happens?  When I told her that babies come out of their mommy's vagina, she said "ewwwwwwwwwwwww" HA!

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, yes.  My son was like that.  Granted, we were having a c-section, so I told him about that instead (cheap cop-out....perhaps, but it IS what happened).  He didn't ask how BABIES got out, he asked how LEO was getting out.....so, I answered honestly at the time :)

littlelessa
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Adorable.  I was pregnant and teaching 2 to 5 year olds.  I got the question how did the baby get in there.  I told them it was a complicated process and they should ask their parents for the details.

brittany208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM

My DS is 3.5 and we've been dealing with the same questions. I really don't like how parents lie to their kids (like on that car commercial during the Superbowl--if you saw it). Because I know my 3yo is going to take it as a matter of fact, but if we waited til he was 7 and told him then, then he'd be all grossed out. So I'd rather just tell him now when its really not a big deal.

So I didn't tell him how baby got in there, but I did tell him babies come out through a hole in between mommy's legs. Nothing that gross about that.

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM

No, I just told her they come out of my belly.  She was satisfied with that answer. Good Luck!

50ShadesOfSylv
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I just told him that she was coming out of my belly. Had a csection so... Yeah lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:44 PM

LOL my kids didn't ask how they come out.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:45 PM
My dd was 5 when I had ds and I explained that most babies come out of the mommy's vagina but her brother will come out of my tummy and I showed her my c-section scar from her delivery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I told my oldest dd at 3.5 that her sister just popped out, lol.  She was ok with that for a few months.  Then one day, over lunch, out of the blue, she asked me HOW she popped out.  So I told her.  She was also grossed out...ha.  

AleaKat
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:10 AM
No he never asked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
model1000mom
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Honesty is always the best policy IMO. Also it will and can open your children up to not be afraid to talk to you when it is most important.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)