Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Advice Needed: My son is so mean to his brother they are...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 15 Replies

My son is so mean to his brother(they are twins)The mean on lol is bigger and farther along in his development.My younger twin is smaller and farther behind.What can I do to foster a healthy relationship?I mean its like Cain and Abel going on here.

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandy85412
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM
how old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Awww, the best youcan do is continue to talk to the "farther along" brother and let him know what's ok and what's not.

For what its worht, my older son is 5 and the younger is 15 months.  Caden (5) isn't mean to Leo, but he underestimates his strength sometimes.

ashley9603
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM

They are 20 months old....not quite 2 yrs old.Its just that the older twin (James)is so headstrong and independent)and my younger one Elijah is just quiet and likes to play alone and clings to me mostly all the time.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Sorry I don't know.  My kids have not had a hard time with each other yet.  Here's a bump and a good luck.

ashley9603
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Thanks ladies..I have been trying to get James to play nicely with him.He is just too rough....

tweety55704
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I have "irish twins", they are exactly a year about.  The older one is a girl (dee) and the younger one is a boy (zach) and they are 5 and four.  I have found they they are worst enemies and best of friends as well.  The oldest one is the same as yours, bigger a little and further a long in development(she is ahead of everyone her age) so expaining things to her about being nice and such is a little easier because she seems to understand and comprehend it better.  There will always be sibling rivalry especially because they are twins but I think just keep stressing that James has to be "careful" with his brother and make sure that he treats his brother like he would want to be treated.  I have found that also works.....If my oldest one takes toys away for example I will ask her if she would like it if someone took her toys and when she says "no" then I expain that then she can't do that to her brother.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

ashley9603
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Thank you.Of course it doesnt help that his older sister(she is 9)is a little rough as well and I have had to tell her she needs to be more gentle and easier with James.I think I will work on a few things with the boys as well as my 9 yr old.

Gweneveer
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I have no experience with twins...sorry.  Bump!

Gweneveer
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I have no experience with twins...sorry.  Bump!

neslonturf
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Could just be an age thing. At that age, my oldest used to say "hi" by bonking other kids in the head, with a toy car. *facepalm* It was bad stage. Thankfully...he's 8 now...he doesn't do that anymore. *grin*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN