• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think my 5 y/o dd has ADHA

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:43 AM
  • 6 Replies
She turned 5 in September she is a outgoing little girls. Recently I have been noticing when I talk to her she is not paying attention to what I say she will say what 2-3x before she actually gets it. You HAVE to acknowledge what she is saying if you don't she will keep and I mean keep saying it. She is addicted to candy and gum. She really does not like to eat regular foods. Always throwing tantrums and crying if she does not get her way. I love her to death but some days I don't know if she is gonna be my sweet little girl or a monster. She will torture her brother on purpose for negative attention I think. Or is she just being a 5 year old or does she have middle child syndrome? My 1st daughter was totally different
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Duquesne
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM
I am not a doctor. But she sounds like a typical preschooler pushing her limits.

Unless by torture, you mean water boarding or taking off fingernails? ;)
3mommyandwifey
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:47 AM
No she does not go that far (thank God) just the normal taking his toys to make him mad. Telling him NO a hundred times in a minute to make him mad. Lol

Quoting Duquesne:

I am not a doctor. But she sounds like a typical preschooler pushing her limits.

Unless by torture, you mean water boarding or taking off fingernails? ;)

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM

yeah, sounds normal to me.  most kids love candy and gum too but that doesn't mean they get it.  they are allowed a small treat ONLY if they eat their lunch and dinner which are nutritious.  Kids just need consistency, boundaries and a firm hand.  Don't give into her demands and if she can't play nicely with her brother, she can play alone in her room.  My kids go at it too and usually I just let it go but when 1 is purposely antagonizing the other, they get separated.

gotemraised
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM
If my kids..all 5 got out of hand they had to all sit down and write someting nice about each other..a nice colored picture for the young ones..see..the concept is so simple..they CANNOT treat each other badly..Positive reinforcement reminds them that they need to express love..its a great outlet for anger and they need to know that. Kids say " I don't like you "..to their mothers at very early ages. That's a sure cry for help. they express themselves all over the place. explaing how much we love our kids while they are fuious does not work..Consistant positive action and less guilt for mom gets thru to children when done consistantly. notice the times they tell you how much they love YOU MOMMIE..it may surprise yo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Do not give in to letting her have candy and gum!

I think she sounds like a normal child trying to see how far you will let her go.

3mommyandwifey
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM
No I don't. I don't even keep any in the house because she will sneek and eat it.

Quoting PEEK05:

Do not give in to letting her have candy and gum!

I think she sounds like a normal child trying to see how far you will let her go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)