Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another snowstorm, another pile of poo

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 2 Replies
My 3 1/2 yo DS also WILL NOT poop in the potty. About 80% of the time he'll at least go into the bathroom and sit on the potty in his pull-up but will NOT pull them down. He also will wait until I'm busy with the baby and poop his pants in the living room if I'm not vigilant enough. Doesn't matter if it's a pull up or big boy pants. If he's naked he'll cry for pull ups or put one on himself. I'm so fed up, discouraged, and out of ideas. We've tried every recommended system of prizes, potty chairs/seats, candy, stickers, charts, talking to the doctor, potty books, blah blah blah. The poop is in the pants. And it's been like this for almost a YEAR! I'm seriously ready to consult a child psychologist...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
.Angelica.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM

poop can take longer many times. I know it's frustrating but he will get there eventually.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Have him help clean it up (not saying to be rude and callous or).  I worked with a girl who refused to poop on the potty until we had her start helping clean up the mess (with parent's permission) and she decided cleaning up poop was not fun, so she started pooping in the potty lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)