Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do for my dd?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 3 Replies
She has a milk allergy. I mentioned this a while ago but I feel like its gotten worse. She is 2 and she will not drink her milk. I kept calling her doctor and asking what I should do. They just say make sure she gets 2 servings of calcium daily but it has to be dairy free. But my dd won't drink or eat anything to get her the 2 servings of calcium daily. It concerns me cause what if she don't start drinking her milk. Before I knew about this allergy she had more than 2 servings it went from like 4 servings to none and its not good. The doctor acts like its easy to make a 2 year old drink this stuff and its not. I just don't want her to end up in the hospital.. Please help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
doulala
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Our family doesn't do dairy because it's not healthy, it's worth finding alternatives, especially if she is clearly intolerant.
She can eat a gummy vitamin supplement, but calcium can be in regular foods like veggies, soy, nuts, etc.

bluebunbun
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

yogurt, oranges, chocolate or strawberry soy milk.....my dd was the same way she started having cereal with soy milk in it she couldn't really taste the difference with cereal and cut up fruit it there.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM

She does not need milk.  Not eating is okay because she will not starve herself literally.  However, if she is not drinking anything, she can become dehydrated. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)