• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

outside toys...idea??

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 45 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm wanting to get some fun outside toys for my twin girls. They are 17 months and love to be outside. If you know of any good ones that are easy to assemble please let me know. Thanks

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I would go to the little tikes website and step 2 website for ideas.
JoanahLee
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Just don't go overboard.  Never underestimate the value of a bucket, a plastic shovel and some dirt or sand.   Our kids never play with their playsets or swing sets, they prefer digging in the flower bed (we have one set aside for them to dig in), carrying buckets of dirt and water back and forth from the wading pool to the dirt, stacking sticks, collecting leaves etc...   

Outside is pretty cool byitsef, don't fill it up with plastic! 

VADIVA23
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM
You should get the bubble lawn mower it comes in pink I got it for my daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMommaJessie
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM

if they have seen cars & like it theres a bubble maker mater (tow truck) that when pushed spits out bubbles my ds loves it. balls are great to have for kids 2 play with.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM

That car that's been around forever. The red and yellow one they use their feet with. I forget the name of it, but do you know what I mean? My kids loved that

I also agree with the bubble mower. Also, some other ride on toys and trike's. At that age my ODD got a motorized car that also has a remote control so we could steer her and "drive her". They love that also 

Sidewalk chalk and paint

alexsmomma06
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM

BUBBLES!!!!! Seriously! Everyone loves bubbles!

My girls all loved to play with a bucket and shovel with either gravel or sand.

We have one of those plastic playhouses and all my girls love it- we got ours second hand for only $10.

We also got a kids size plastic picnic table for $5 at a garage sale and they play at it all the time.

Sidewalk chalk is awesome

Any kind of ball is always wonderful.

alexsmomma06
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

It's the Cozy Coupe. My 3yr old DD has one.

Quoting 98765:

That car that's been around forever. The red and yellow one they use their feet with. I forget the name of it, but do you know what I mean? My kids loved that

I also agree with the bubble mower. Also, some other ride on toys and trike's. At that age my ODD got a motorized car that also has a remote control so we could steer her and "drive her". They love that also 

Sidewalk chalk and paint

VADIVA23
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM

i agree!   my kids love their plastic yard tools and just digging big holes and then moving the dirt around with my son's big tonka dump truck.  they stack rocks in various places and then move those around. 

also, we are looking for a used sand/water table for this summer and I know they will get a lot of use out of that.

Quoting JoanahLee:

Just don't go overboard.  Never underestimate the value of a bucket, a plastic shovel and some dirt or sand.   Our kids never play with their playsets or swing sets, they prefer digging in the flower bed (we have one set aside for them to dig in), carrying buckets of dirt and water back and forth from the wading pool to the dirt, stacking sticks, collecting leaves etc...   

JoanahLee
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM
We were just talking about a sand/water table yesterday. I think we will do the same thing our friends did last summer for their kids: They found a small coffee table at a garage sale and used liquid nail to attach two shallow plastic storage boxes... (think one size up from the plastic shoe boxes... but you could use any size based on your table and how many kids) to the table top. Sand in one, water in the other, dump it out and spray it off when it gets too messy and start over. The really nice thing about this one is that they could put the lids back on the boxes to keep bugs and cats out overnight!
Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

i agree!   my kids love their plastic yard tools and just digging big holes and then moving the dirt around with my son's big tonka dump truck.  they stack rocks in various places and then move those around. 

also, we are looking for a used sand/water table for this summer and I know they will get a lot of use out of that.

Quoting JoanahLee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)