Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What phase currently irks you the most?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

Right now my 14 month old DD is in a THROWING phase and it's driving me nuts! Every time she takes a drink of water, she throws the cup on the floor. She throws food on the floor. She throws toys down the stairs. She throws toys out of the bathtub. I know it's a phase, but it's starting to get to me!!

Sometimes I tell her "no" (in regards to throwing her cup and her food), but then I think it makes things worse because she wants to get a rise out of me. So then I think I should just ignore the behavior. Who knows?!

What is irking you at the moment??

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

the thing irking me the most is the bickering between my 6 and 3 1/2 year old.  just 2 mins ago my son was screaming because he was in the middle of a pretend hockey game and didn't want my 3 1/2 year old to bother him.  i asked her to wait until he was done and she did.  she made a little fort on the small couch and, of course, he comes and jumps in without her permission and then she's screaming. 

oh wait, now he's made a fort on the big couch but found my dd's favorite stuffed dog.  he holds it up and in his snotty voice says "i've got your dooooggg!"

she gives as good as she gets though so i just let them work it out mostly.  thankfully petty stuff but it gets tiring.

i have so much more sympathy/empathy for what my sister and i put our parents thru!!!

brittany208
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM

My DS is in the "why" stage and its driving me nuts! If it were just a question here and there to learn how things work--that'd be understandable. But it's a constant "why? why? why? why? why? why? why?" and it drives me batty.

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I have a 14 month old too (I think you are actually in the january group with me?) she's not doing much that bugs me right now, besides just the constant getting into stuff that comes with the age. lol

My 5 year old though. he likes lying, arguing, whinning and repeating himself. I thought kids were supposed to get easier as they got older. lol. it's not happening!! :(

PEEK05
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I can't think of anything right now.

deadpplrmyhero
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM

My 2.5 year old is in a "I don't want to listen so all I'm gonna say is NO" phase and asking the same thing over and over and over! Both are driving me nuts. The past few days he's been better about not listening and saying no. I got him a few new crafts and it's seemed to help.

Poisongirl98
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM
20-month old DD loves attention, so when we're not giving it to her directly within a few minutes she's doing something she's not supposed to. This just started too. I can't so anything for more than a few minutes without her getting into something. DS did this too, but a) he was an only child until 23 months ans b) he was content to play by himself for several minutes before needing my attention
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM
My two, closer three holding up a letter/ color announcing the correct answer loudly and yelling it until I AGREE wholeheartedly that "yes, baby!!" That IS a ( freakin) "E"!
Over and over and over !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, we are having the same issue, to be honest.  But I noticed sometimes he does it because of a reason.  If he starts trhowing his cup and/or food, that means he's done.  So, I just take him out of his chair.  Before I do, though, I say "all done?" and we work on the sign language signal for finished.  It's helping slowly but surely.

I think he loves watching thigns fall down the steps though LOL 

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM

My 23 month old gives a very mocking "no" after we tell him no about anything. We've had to tell his big sister (she's 10) not to laugh when he does this and thankfully she just moves away from him. 

He is also doing the attention seeking deviant behavior bit. Little does he know we can play the ignore game with the best of 'em =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)